before Xie Lian

"Y/N!" You flinched as your mother grabbed you by the hair. "Pay attention while I'm talking to you, you brat!" She yelled at you and kicked your side, making you almost double over if it weren't for her holding your hair up.

It hurt. Everything hurt. You just wanted it to end. You choked back tears.

She gritted her teeth. "Just cry already damnit!" She started continuously slapping you. You couldn't hold the tears back anymore.

Once she saw you bursting into tears she started laughing sadistically, letting your hair go and giving you another slap that was hard enough to make you drop to the floor.

She started going out of the room, but before she closed the door she glared back at your weak, crying form on the ground. You were merely 4 years old..

She then shut the door loudly, leaving you alone in the room, hurting and crying. You bit your lip trying to contain your tears. 'Stop crying! You deserve it!' You told yourself while hitting your head.

After a while you finally calmed down and sighed. Then a thought struck your mind.

'What if I kill her?'

Your eyes widen at the thought. 'Then there will be no pain! But... I deserve it... I am a bad boy...and I love mama...I-I can't you bit your lip, contemplating.

A voice laughed and you looked around in confusion, seeing no one. "H-huh??" Your weak voice mumbled to yourself. "Kill her~" the laughing voice said. "Kill her kill her kill her kill her!! Go in the kitchen and get the knife!! Kill her and you won't have to feel pain anymore!! C'mon kill her!!" The voice started corrupting your mind.

You held your head. The voice was painful. "N-NO G-GO AWAY!!" You yelled, crying again, holding your head tightly. The voice continued and something in your mind just took control over you.

You started getting up and went to the kitchen. You opened the drawer and got out a knife, your hand shaking. "Huh?? What are you doing here brat?? Wanna get more punishment??" Your mom appeared from behind you.

With shaking hands and a knife in hand, you turned around. "I have such a weirdo brat! Why can't you be normal!" She went to grab your hair again, but before she could you rushed forward.

Splash.

Blood was spat out of her mouth. She weakly held her bleeding upper torso. "W-what the hell.." she fell to the ground in pain, her blood leaping into the carpet. You stood there, your eyes widened. Once you finally snapped out of it, she was already unconscious.

You dropped the knife and fell back. "N-no w-what did I so??" You shakily asked, sweating. Your eyes and hands were trembling. "T-this wasn't supposed to h-happen." You scratched your face, terrified of what you did.

The voice started laughing sadistically again. "Haha!! Look at what you did!! You bad boy!!" The voice continued molesting you. "N-no!! STOP IT STOP IT STOP IT!! SHUT UP!!" You yelled, hitting your head continuously.

It lasted for an hour before the voice left. Now you just sat that, your eyes red from the crying. Staring at your now dead beloved mother.

Timeskip
From there on you had to live on the streets. It was difficult, especially as a 4-5 year old boy. Even if you were so young, they didn't go easy on you.

You were often beat up by both children and adults. Humans are so cruel. One day however, another group of homeless people found you and decided to take you in. They were nice but heavily sick. You started begging for money more, even performing on the streets just to earn money for them.

But one day when you came back, you saw the sight of them all killed. They couldn't bear the pain anymore and decided to kill themselves, leaving you alone in this cruel world again.

You were so desperate that you started begging the gods for a miracle, you have never prayed to gods before.

Fortunately one day, the gods heard you wish. And to save you was your savior, the crown prince of Xianle, Xie Lian.

He found you all beaten up on the ground and woke you up. Just an hour ago adults decided to beat you up and you passed out. You were shocked seeing the crown prince and tried to hide yourself, feeling ashamed by how ugly and disgusting you were.

Sometimes people would touch you, even if you begged them not to, but they just didn't listen. Behind him you saw the King and Queen walk up and you shyly bowed your head. Xie Lian smiled, he thought you were cute. He wanted you to be one of his possessions. You would be another gem of his.

He begged his father and mother to take you home as if you were a stray dog. They allowed it and from then on you started working for your savior as his personal servant. And eventually you both fell for each other. However it took you tons of time to realize you fell for him.

You had never experienced love before, so Mu Qing educated you. You were awfully happy when Xie Lian confessed to you. Where as he was the first person to make you feel love.