6:Who..?

You looked down at yourself disapprovingly. Your makeup was a mess and the dress was a bit scrunched up. Also, the foundation felt really uncomfortable on your face.

'Why was makeup such a problem to you anyways?' Xu Mao asked mockingly. 'Didnt you do the princess makeup and dress him up everyday?' You glared at the ground. 'Doing it to yourself is hard, okay!?' 'Yeah, sure sure.' You could practically hear Xu Mao roll his eyes.

You shyly decided to step out from the building. And were soon greeted by the horrified faces of Fu Yao and Nan Feng and Xie Lians dumbfounded face, yet he still smiled. To him you still were beautiful.

You coughed into your sleeves, hiding your face embarassedly.

"What a sorry excuse for a bride, if I were the ghost..." "You'd string her up?" Nan Feng continued Fu Yaos words. "It'd burn down her village!" You just side-eyed him, while Xu Mao fumed inside your head.

"Now, now. Don't be so rude." Xie Lian softly glared at both of them, crossing his arms. Giving you a smile. 'How dare they insult my beautiful Qīn qīn..' Xie Lian disapprovingly thought in his head, but shaked those thoughts away when he heard a timid voice from behind him.

"Excuse me, sir.." The lady from before stepped infront of them. You awkwardly turned around, not wanting more people to see your face. "Oh it's you!" Xie Lian exclaimed in surprise. "From yesterday..." he then glanced at you, feeling your uncomfortableness, so he stepped in front of you.

"Oh please don't get the wrong idea! This is just to lure out the ghost groom." Xie Lian said as he slyly patted your back. "Listen..Im really sorry. I wanted to make up for what happened before... The tea house mister said you were staying here, so I brought some food as a token of my gratitude.." 'how kind!'

"No, it's alright.." 'No it's NOT! I want the food! Give me the food! Food food food!'

"By the way, Im good at sewing, perhaps I could help you with your dress..." You turned your head around. "...and makeup, you might look prettier with alterations!" You silently nodded.

After some time you were finally finished. You pleasedly looked at yourself in the mirror, it looked way better now. Xie Lian approached you and smiled.

He grabbed some of your hair and said; "Qīn qīn looks even prettier like this.." you blushed slightly and shyly looked away. "Uh...th-thank you..." he smiled at you with his eyes closed and grabbed your hand.

"Well, it's time to go now." He held your hand all the way to the carriage, even helping you get in, and soon you set forth. Nan Feng, Fu Yao and Xie Lian walked alongside the carriage.

„Everything okay, qīn qīn?" you nodded but then realised he couldn't see you, „hmm. Yes." „that's good." „the sedan carries we hired a very capable. They are skilled in martial arts and are familiar with the area, don't worry." „just focus on your safety." finished Fu Yao.

You deadpanned at their worry. „I am not worrying..." Xie Lian chuckled and shook his head. The rest of the ride was more silent, no one exchanged a word.

„Excited about your wedding? It's a big day~" Fu Yao teased 'Oh god is he serious?' Xu Mao complained in your head, annoyed. „Sigh. There is something missing here..." „there's something missing? Like what?" „two maids for the bride." both you and Xu Mao chuckled at the imagination of Nan Feng und Fu Yao as your brides.

Both men huffed. „Im afraid your family is to poor for maids, what a pity." Xie Lian chuckled aswell.

„Nan Feng. Where are we at the moment?" „We've been on mount Yujun for a while." you sighed in annoyance, hearing you are nowhere near your destination. But then your ears suddenly perked up as you heard a giggling voice.