5: Not my fault

Contains slight book 6 spoilers!

You sighed in relief when the tea man said that the bill is settled. You couldn't bear to stand there any longer!

„Thank you sir. Do you know where the nearest Ming Guang temple is?" Xie Lian asked. „Im sorry, but we don't have one here." You furrowed your brows.

'They didn't have one here? Weird..' Xu Mao intervened in your thoughs. 'Maybe he's lying?' You frowned. 'No...he seems to honest...' Xu Mao scoffed, but kept his mouth shut.

„However, we have a Nan Yang temple."

Xu Mao started laughing like crazy 'HAHAHAHA GENERAL DICK' 'why are you so immature Xu Mao?' 'You just don't understand fun that's all!' 'I do!' 'Do not!' Xu Mao scoffed.

Xie Lian gently dragged you along as you were to busy arguing with the annoying voice inside your head.

As soon you both finished arguing, you were already at Nan Yangs temple. "Strange. Doesn't Ming Guang rule over the north? Why doesn't he have a temple here? Isn't this the north?" Your voiced your thoughs. Xie Lian nodded along, "it truly is weird. Nan Yang is well liked though. Even far away from his domain."

Fu Yao chuckled at that, and you looked at him. 'Weirdo' „Thats right! He's loved by all." He said with slight teasing in his voice.

„I have a question, but..." „If you think you shouldn't ask, then don't!" „Hey don't be so rude Nan Feng." you slapped his back lightly. „I was going to say I don't know who to ask.." Xie Lian replied awkwardly.

„No need to be shy! It's about the naming of the temple isn't it?" 'Is he gonna....' „The naming?" „Shut it!" Nan Feng tried to shut him up, but Fu Yao only smirked.

„Many years back, Nan Yang was also known as Duke Yang." 'Oh no... he really is...' you sighed and Xu Mao chuckled.

„However a careless King once misspelled Duke with tragic consequences! Before long our Duke Yang temples became Dick Yang temples! People couldn't wait to spread the word!"

Xu Mao bursted out laughing, you deadpanned. 'It's not even that funny..' Fu Yao chuckled himself.

„It's been corrected!" Nan Feng argued, agitated. „So you say, but even now Nan Yangs temple are oddly popular with women. And I hear as they pray, their cheeks burn red." Fu Yao teased.

Nan Feng clenched his fist and yelled, „You bastard! Go sweep the floors!" Oh, now its getting offensive. Fu Yao glared at Nan Feng and they both started arguing, soon after starting to throw things at each other.

You stood infront of Xie Lian in an attempt to protect him from the incoming ingredients, although failing since you were to small. Being small really is a curse sometimes.

Xie Lian catched a bun and you glanced at him. He dusted it off and you turned to him, gently lowering his hand that was holding the bun. „Gege, don't. It's dirty." you gently scolded and shook your head.

Nan Feng then throwed the bun out of both of your hands with his spiritual powers yelling not to eat it. Out of fright you jumped slightly, turning to him with a slight glare, angry at him for startling you over a matter you already got in hand.

„Yeah it's dirty!" You felt Xie Lian was going to scold them, so you silently went behind him, clutching his robes.

„First, stop arguing about the prince. You do realize that's me, don't you? I won't be used as a weapon in your petty argument. Second, you're here to help me. So who's in charge?" You peeked behind Xie Lian and grinned at them for receiving a scolding from your Gege. Although his tone was still soft and gentle.

Nan Feng glared at you, before turning to look at Fu Yao, meeting his eyes, and looking away again. „You are.." both sighed. „Good! Let's move on!"

„You're so gentle Gege...Xu Mao would have sewed their mouth shut already!" Xie Lian sweatdropped. „So they still are with you..." you nodded your head sadly, although you and him got along well, you do know that you are not normal.

Some people might say that being normal is boring, but it really isn't to you. It's the way to get accepted by society. You wanted to be loved and accepted too...yet.... You glanced at the ground and pursed your lips, memories flashing infront of your eyes.

You still remembered how that lot made you face the same deaths their loved ones did, the only thing being you couldn't die, but you still felt the pain of everything. All because you were the god of death.

You clenched your clothes. It is not my fault that I was chosen to be the god of death, nor that I have Xu Mao in my head, so why? It's so unfair.

You felt a hand on your head and looked up, Xie Lian glanced at you reassuringly. But you kept your gaze down again.

He also hated you once, when Xu Mao took over control as his parents begged you to strangle them.

So Xu Mao did, even if you cried to him and begged you not to. Once you took control, Xie Lian had already arrived. He has already been on edge these past few days, but that just hit the top.

You watched as he slid down the walls, to the ground. You tried to approach him to comfort him. But as he looked up, his eyes were filled with hatred, you flinched. In the end, he chased you away.

Although with this; you met your master, the goddess of Sorrow. Of course. Death and Sorrow. She wanted you to be her ancestor. She, accompanied by Jun Wu at times, trained you.

Trained you into the perfect obedient dog you are.

You shook your thoughts away and smiled up at Xie Lian. „Don't mind me Gege! Don't worry about me, it's not worth it!" you chuckled, not noticing his fist clenching. „Let's go discuss our plan." You nodded. „Yes, Gege."

You sat down on the ground, next to Xie Lian with a roll rolled out infront of you, spacing out. You came back to yourself only noticing the three men around you staring at you, Fu Yao pointing at you. „Huh?" the duo leaned in and grinned mischievously. „Huh????" Xie Lian sweatdropped.

Im sorry it took me so long to update. I just wrote this in one day so maybe there will be some mistakes that I just looked over so apologies for that. Looking back at what I wrote just a month ago is so weird, it's weird what I wrote. But I can't do anything against it and will continue on. Also I got Acheron in Hsr and am farming for Kakavasha/Aventurine atm. I only need 7 more wishes to gurantee Arlecchino in genshin. The grind is real. What do you thing about Qi Rong being really weird about reader as in having sexual and romantic thoughts about him(Y/N)? Have a good day/night.