eight.

✷  long chapter, 5OOO words again. but more Lumie and Harry back and forth, so cheers. Enjoy.

chapter eight:midnight's antics

chapter eight:
midnight's antics.

─── ⋆⋅ ⛧ ⋅⋆ ───── ⋆⋅ ⛧ ⋅⋆ ──

Afterwards, everyone woke up. Either from their sleep or from being placed into a stone statue. That's what had happened to Evie, Carlos, Ben, Jay, Jane, Gil, Doug. Yeah it was a huge list. Audrey almost single-handedly ruined Auradon, and the sight was either an achievement or disgrace.

Everyone settled inside Audrey's dorm, who the girl laid peacefully asleep. It mirrored the image of her mother who once slept for years earlier ages ago. Harry laid down with Lumina, her head laid on his shoulders as she looked at his hook. "She's slipping away." Evie spoke.

"No one cares." Florence muttered, then noticed the look Gil gave him, "You realize that you did all this to save her, and in the end you're going to never see this place again, right?" Florence added. Now Gil understands Florence's thinkings.

"I agree, she is not that nice of a girl either. At least she'll sleep beautifully." Gil whispered back. Lumina and Harry watched the interaction with a slight grin. Lumina didn't know Audrey well, but she did know was that she was only looking for the throne.

"There's only one person in the world who might be able to do something about this, and that's Hades." Mal spoke, "Hades? He wouldn't do it. I wouldn't risk it!" Ben argued. "Actually, he might do it for me. He's my father." Mal announced.

"So why isn't he on Mount Olympus?" Harry questioned, "Harry, Hades is the Greek god of the dead and underworld, you can't get any more villainous than that." Lumina explained. "You think I could meet Poseidon?" Harry guessed, "Probably not, they definitely undermine us." Lumina replied.

Harry then remembered, "Oh wait, no. That's Uma's grandfather." He says, Lumina's eyes widened. Harry grinned again, "They really don't teach ye Greek mythology in this school? In Serpent Prep that's all they emphasized besides piracy." Harry explained, "Yet you seemed to question why Hades wasn't on Mount Olympus." Lumina retorts.

Though really, neither couple knew that Greek Gods were no longer myths. But oh well.

The two continued to focus on Ben, who contemplated before making a quick answer, "Okay. Well, I'll have to send guards to get him." Ben said. "Maybe I can hitch a ride." Uma spoke. "The Isle is my home. Someone needs to be there to protect it." She adds.

"Well, you'll need your first mate." Harry comments, Lumina gave him a saddened look. Though obviously she understood his perspective. "Oh, yes, me too!" Gil spoke, running out of his seat to be next to Uma. "The Isle will be in very good hands." Mal gives a smile, as if that could add any closure.