Rookies First Injury- Connor Bedard

"And Bedard goes down hard after a clean open ice hit from Smith."
"He's slow to get up, now he's skating off the ice."
    "He's holding his jaw too."

    Those were the words Harper Hayes was dreading to hear. She saw Brendan Smith check her boyfriend Connor pretty hard. Sitting impatiently behind the Blackhawks bench, Alex Vlasic seemed to sense it and turned around, giving me a thumbs up. He mouthed he's fine. Shouldn't be more than a sore jaw. That calmed me down, and he smiled at me, which I returned. After the first period ended, a security guard came up to me.
    "Ms. Hayes, you are requested to go to the dressing room," he said. I said a quick thanks, grabbing my stuff and quickly headed down to the locker rooms. I was greeted by Alex, who looked concerned.
    "Harper, he's gonna have to go to the hospital. The medic thinks is a broken or fractured jaw," he said concerned. My heart dropped, and Alex, once again, sensed this. He pulled me into a hug, as tears were silently falling. Alex mentioned about something with an ambulance, and me needing to go to the hospital. I nodded, still in shock. I made it to my car. The drive to the hospital was short, but it felt longer. As she reached there, she found parking. She locked her car and walked to the lobby.
    "Hi, I'm looking for my boyfriend's room. Last names Bedard," Harper said shakily.
    "Yea, he just came in. Room 252," she said smiling at the young girl. "Don't be scared. The doctors will do their best with him," she continued.
    "Thanks m'aam," Harper replied, a bit calmer. The receptionist smiled at her. Harper made her way to the room Connor was in. She opened it to reveal Connor, who was watching the game.
    "Harps! You're here!" he said happily. Harper sighed for the first time that night, making her way to Connor. She kissed him gently.
    "I was really scared something bad happened. Alex told me it was something serious, and I thought something happened similar to what happened to Adam Johnson.." Harper rambled on before Connor shut her up with a kiss.
    "It's nothing babe, just a fractured jaw," he said, smiling, which brought down Harper's nerves. Harper gently kissed him, not wanting to injure his jaw more.
     "Does that mean you'll not be able to play?" Harper asked. Connor nodded, and Harper smiled. "Now I'll have you all to myself for a bit, and the team can live without you," Harper said smirking. Connor kissed her jaw gently.
     "Now you gotta stop kissing me coz it'll 'hurt my jaw'," Connor said sadly.
      "Never say never," Harper said, kissing him, proving him she can still kiss him.

WC: 460