First Date and a Hockey Game- Luke Hughes

"Okay, do I look good?" Evelyn asked her best friend Mia while standing in from of her mirror.

"Yes you do. Now where are you going?" Mia asked excitedly.

"I have no clue. I was just told to dress warmly," Evelyn shrugged. She had a date today, and it was none other than her childhood best friend, Luke Hughes. She was told to wear something warm, so she wore leggings and a white knitted sweater. She threw Luke's team USA sweater into her bag. Finishing up her makeup, she heard her phone ding.

Lukey 🫶🏼, Evvy ❤️

Lukey 🫶🏼
Here :)

Evvy ❤️
Alright!
I'm coming down :)

Running to the parked car in her driveway, she saw Luke get out of it.

      "Hey Luke!" She said, hugging the boy.

       "Hey Evelyn! You ready?" He asked, opening the passenger door for her. Evelyn nodded, blushing at the antic. Getting into the car, she settled in, with Luke getting into the drivers side. Pulling out of her driveway, he drove to the restaurant that he had a reservation for. It was fancy, but still casual for what she was wearing. As they headed in, she saw there was only a couple other people here.

       "Hello guys! Table for two?" The waitress asked cheerfully.

       "Yup. I have a reservation under Hughes," Luke responded in the same cheerful tone.

        "Alright! Well, you guys can come follow me, and I'll bring you right to your table," the waitress said, smiling at me. Luke grabbed my hand as we walked towards our table. As the waitress settled us down and got our drinks, I felt a slight nudge under the table.

        "You look pretty tonight Ev," Luke gazed at the girl in front of him. A light pink had dusted on her cheeks, causing Luke to feel warm in his.

         "Well you look pretty handsome Luke, as always," she replied, making the boy in front of her go nuts on the inside. As the waiter dropped off their drinks, she smiled at them, took their orders, and left.

          "Young love," she smiled, watching the young couple.

After Dinner, The Prudential Centre.

        "Well, we're here," Luke announced, pulling into the arena. Evelyn knew exactly what was happening.

        "Are you playing your first ever game tonight?" She asked excitedly. Luke nodded with the same energy as her. She hugged the boys over the console, staying like that for a few minutes.

        "I got you tickets right next to our bench, so you can watch the game and that way, I know where you are," Luke smiled at the girl, who had tears in her eyes.

        "I love you Luke!" She blurted out, then threw her hand over her mouth. Luke looked at her in shock, his facial expressions softening.

        "I love you too Ev. Ever since you moved right next door 15 years ago, I've always felt something with you," Luke confessed. Evelyn smiled at the boy, then kissed him softly on the lips. Neither one wanted to pull apart, but Evelyn had something on her mind.

         "I have too Luke. I've seen Jack and Quinn as older brothers, Jack being the more annoying one, but with you, I felt some sort of connection with you than anyone else," she spoke, fidgeting with her hands. Luke grabbed them, and started to rub the back of her palm, calming her down.