Who do you prefer now?- Nils Höglander

Maisie Zegras sat in her seat, waiting for her boyfriend of 3 years to get on the ice for warmups. They were playing Anaheim, which is the team her brother, Trevor, plays for. This was gonna be an interesting game since she was cheering for Nils and not Trevor, but also it was the Stanley Cup Finals. She had gotten a ticket near both benches. Maisie smiled, seeing Trevor and his team hopping on the ice for warmups. Trevor skated around, catching his sisters eye. She smiled, waving at him, which he returned, then frowned. She tilted her head, then realized what he was frowning at; her jersey, with Höglander on the back and the number 21.
I'm disowning you Maisie Trevor mouthed. Maisie sniggered, replying with a Hah! You wish buddy. I'm mom favourite, so you can't do anything about it and Maisie stuck out her tongue at her younger brother. He shook his head in defeat, continuing to skate around. Maisie turned her attention to the Canucks, who had just gotten on the ice. She smiled, seeing her boyfriend's number skating around the half of the arena. Nils spotted her, his face lighting up. He skated over, blowing her a kiss, and chucking a puck for her.
"I love you Nils. Good luck, and stay safe. Trevor seems to have woken up on the wrong side of the bed this morning," she told Nils, who just nodded and smiled.
"Thanks babe, I love you more. I'll tell the team to keep an eye out on him," he replied, winking, causing Maisie to blush. He smirked to himself, knowing that he was gonna ask her to marry him later. Or at least if they won the cup, which he planned on doing.

Third Period, 1:29 second left, 6-1 Vancouver

Maisie was on the edge of her seat. Her boyfriend had two goals already and an assist of Quinn Hughes' goal. The last minute felt like hours. But something happened. With 23 seconds left, Nils was on a breakaway, deked out the goalie, and scored his third goal of the game, getting himself a hat-trick. Maisie cheered on the top of her lungs, as Nils came by her seat and winked, which she returned. The last 20 seconds went by, and the Vancouver Canucks had won the Stanley Cup. As the guys jumped off the bench, Maisie was crying happy tears.
    "Miss Zegras? You're required down on the ice," a security guard said behind her, spooking her.
    "Alright, let me just grab my stuff," the security guard nodded, and Maisie followed him and the other wags to the ice to celebrate the win. She looked at Nils, and hugged him tight, kissing him like it was the last day on earth. Nils set her down gently, then breathed in deeply.
     "Maisie, I love you so much. When I felt like I wasn't enough for the team, you were there comforting me, you welcome me and the guys with open arms, not caring how many or when they come. These past three years have made me realize how much my life wouldn't have been the same with you," Nils said, before getting down on one knee, pulling out the ringbox, opening it to reveal the prettiest ring Maisie has ever seen.

    "So Maisie, I think you already know where I'm going with this," Nils smiled and chuckling, looking at Maisie, who had tears streaming down her face

    "Will you make me the happiest man on earth and become my wife?"
    "YES!" Maisie replied, not caring who heard her. She flung her arms around Nils neck, hugging him tightly. He let her go, and slipped the ring on her left hand, then kissing her. The whole team and arena cheered for the couple who were newly engaged. Her brother, Trevor came up behind her and picked her up, skating her around the rink. Setting her down, he looked at her.
      "So who do you prefer now? Me or Nils?" He jokingly asked, knowing the answer was going to be Nils.
      "Well Trevor, he is my fiancé, but you will always be my brother, and I promised to be your biggest supporter, so obviously you will already be my favourite hockey player," Maisie smiled at Trevor, who had tears brimming his eyes. Hugging his older sister, he skated her back to Nils, before exiting the rink to let the team celebrate their win.

Idk why I cried making this, but I want what they have

WC: 743

Also, shoutout to h0e4hughes for the name suggestion!!!

Hockey ImaginesOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara