"Fuck the Bet"- Vince Dunn

For the one and only Aya832400
I'm sorry this took so long. I had no motivation whatsoever but I got it out!

January 24, 2024

"If the 49ers win, I'll go on a date with you," Emmy proposed to her best friend Vince Dunn. She stuck out her hand, which Vince gladly took.

"And if the Chiefs win, we'll go to the Eras Tour together," Vince said, shaking hands.

"You're so on."

February 11, 2024

      Vince and Emmy  were sitting on the couch, blankets and popcorn surrounding them. As they were watching the halftime, Emmy was secretly hoping the 49ers would win. She had a crush on Vince for a couple months, when he scored a hat trick and pointed to her in the crowd. The fans went ballistic, assuming the two were dating. But Vince and Emmy denied the rumours, stating they were best friends, but deep down, both of them knew that they both wanted to be something more.

"What's on your mind Em?" Vince looked down to see Emmy in her thoughts.

"Hm? Oh, um, nothing," Emmy stuttered over her words.

"Are you sure?"

"Yep." Emmy nodded frantically. Vince smiled, and kissed the top of her head.

"Alright. I'm gonna go to the washroom, then we'll continue watching, okay?" Vince got up and went towards the bathroom. As Emmy sat in her thoughts, she couldn't focus on the game. All she could focus on was Vince. Although Vince didn't need to know that though. She was so lost in her thoughts that she didn't even realize that he had snuck up on her, sliding in beside her.

"OH SHIT- Vince! You scared me," she put her hand over her heart, laughing. He chuckled, sliding his arms around her, causing her to gasp.

      "Emmy, what's up?" He turned to her once again, getting lost in her e/c eyes.

      "Oh, uh, I realized that I had your favourite snack in my pantry. Yeah, um, how about I go grab it, eh?" She chuckled nervously before running into the kitchen to grab the snack. She wasn't really lying. She did have his favourite snack, she just said that to get out of there.

       "Oh my god, oh, my gosh. What do i do? Like, I can't go back out there. Oh why did i agree to this." As she paced the kitchen, she heard a light chuckle. She shot her head up, her panicked face coming into view of Vince Dunns smile.

      "I was coming to grab a drink of water when I heard you. I couldn't help myself, so I walked in quietly and found you pacing the floor and talking to yourself." Vince shrugged, leaning on the countertop. "You're cute when you do that," Emmy felt the heat rise up to her cheeks. Vince walked around to counter, coming closer to Emmy.

"Oh, uh, sorry about that. I'm just stressed about school and suc-" she rambled on before Vince kissed her. It took her a minute to process it, before kissing him back. As he pulled away, his eyes flickered to hers, smiling.

       "You have no idea how much I wanted to do that," he chuckled.

"Well I'm glad you're on the same page with me Vince,"

"Fuck the bet. Will you go on a date with me?" Emmy was shocked to say the least.

"Of course Vince. I'll go on a date with you. No matter the outcome of the Super Bowl game," she smiled, kissing him again.