You Belong With Me- Trevor Zegras

You're on the phone with your girlfriend, she's upset
She's going off about something that you said
'Cause she doesn't get your humor like I do
I'm in the room, it's a typical Tuesday night
I'm listening to the kind of music she doesn't like
And she'll never know your story like I do

      "Emily, I can't make it. You know I have that biology project with Janelle. I can't let her do it all by herself," Trevor spoke into his phone. His girlfriend, Emily, wanted him to come over, but he had a big project with his best friend and neighbour for biology. He thought that no one heard him, but someone did.

       "You always say that! It's Tuesday. What teacher assigns a big project on a Tuesday?" Emily scoffed.

      "Mr. De Schiffert, my Biology teacher? And every other teacher?" Trevor questioned.

      "Fine. If you're gonna be like that, go fuck yourself," Emily yelled, then hung up. Trevor sighed, before looking out his window, only to come face to face with Janelle Caufield.

      "Shit," Trevor muttered under his breath. "You heard everything?" Janelle nodded, and Trevor sighed.

      "Don't be sorry about her. She's probably just jealous," Janelle shrugged, leaning into her window sill. Trevor laughed, causing Janelle to chuckle.

      "I'm gonna come over so we can work on this project together Nell's ," Trevor said after a minute, Janelle nodding the okay.

But she wears short skirts
I wear T-shirts
She's Cheer Captain, and I'm on the bleachers
Dreaming about the day when you wake up and find
That what you're looking for has been here the whole time

       Janelle sat in the stands at the uMich arena, watching her best friend play. She spotted his girlfriend. She was wearing a short mini skirt, a crop top, and heels. And here she was, in leggings, a hoodie, and Trevor's jersey. Janelle groaned when she saw Emily walking her way.

     "You must be the girl who Trevor ditched me for last night." Emily stated dramatically, looking Janelle up and down.

      "It was a class project, plus we're next door neighbours," Janelle shrugged. Emily scoffed.

      "Trying to steal my boyfriend I see?" Emily scoffed, her eyes landing on the number and last name on Janelle's back.

      "Nope, he's just my best friend."

       "Mhmm, sure," Emily replied, stretching the 'e'.

Walk in the streets with you in your worn-out jeans
I can't help thinking this is how it ought to be
Laughing on a park bench thinking to myself
Hey, isn't this easy?

And you've got a smile
That can light up this whole town
I haven't seen it in a while
Since she brought you down
You say you're fine, I know you better than that

     "Hey Janelle! Want to go on a walk with me? You can bring Marley too!" Trevor asked her through their windows.

      "Sure Trevor. Just give me a minute," Janelle replied, quickly swapping her spandex for a pair of shorts. As she threw her hair into a pony, she grabbed a hat and sunglasses, and ran downstairs. As she grabbed Marley, her golden retriever puppy, and her leash with all the essentials, she locked her door, and met up with Trevor. She laughed, seeing he was in jeans and a shirt.

       "Aren't you gonna get hot? It's 86 degrees Fahrenheit," Janelle chuckled.

      "Should I change?" He asked.

       "I'm gonna say yes, cause I don't need you to end up in the hospital with heat stroke Trevor," Janelle said sternly, but couldn't help chuckling at her best friend's antics. As he quickly went back into his house, Janelle pulled out her phone and scrolled on instagram.

       "You ready?" Janelle spoke up, looking up from her phone to come face to face with Trevor, now in shorts and a t-shirt. Trevor smiled his famous and unforgettable smile, that literally could light up a whole city with.

       "Wow, someone's in a good mood," Janelle chuckled at him.

       "I broke up with Emily, and now I'm a free man," Trevor stated and started walking, leaving Janelle stunned. Marley started to pull on her leash, pulling her out of her trance, and started to run to catch up with Trevor.

Oh, I remember you driving to my house
In the middle of the night
I'm the one who makes you laugh
When you know you're 'bout to cry

And I know your favorite songs
And you tell me 'bout your dreams
Think I know where you belong
Think I know it's with me

5 years later

    "Remember when she used to call me and threaten me to 'not steal her man'?" Janelle stated to her husband, Trevor of one year, while holding their newborn, Quintin Cole. He was born the day before, and Trevor was in the hospital with her, having broken his ankle in his previous game, which was the same day Janelle went into labour. Luckily for her, Trevor was able to be there for the birth of his son, having convinced the doctors to hold off his surgery to be with his wife.

      "Yeah, then she'd call me, telling me to ditch you, and to come get her pregnant," Trevor laughed quietly, reminiscing on their old college days.

      "Wait, actually?" Janelle questioned with wide eyes. Trevor nodded, causing Janelle to burst out into quiet laughter, as to not wake up Quinn. They had decided on the name Quintin, as her other best friend, Quinn Hughes, was like an older brother to her, and his middle name, Cole, came from her twin brother. Her brother couldn't make it out to Anaheim, since he was playing in Montréal tonight, but she had FaceTimed him.

       "Also, I was thinking, how about we make Quinn and Cole his 'godfathers' and your two girl best friends his 'godmothers'. I don't know, it's just a thought," Trevor shrugged, and Janelle immediately nodded, leaning into Trevor's shoulder.

       "I love you and this little family we created Trevor," Janelle sighed happily.

      "I love you, and this is why you belong with me,"

You belong with me

ONCE AGAIN, I WENT A LITTLE CRAZY WITH THIS CHAPTER

WC: 1012 (too many but not enough, if that makes any sense?)

AUTHORS NOTE!!! I changed her name to Janelle to match with the other one I wrote :))