▪︎ 02.

Once the first years had gotten down, the rest of the school had gotten down too from the train. Upon the masses of the crowd, all four decided to meet in the Great Hall, thus taking separate carriages.

Eliza had managed to find a carriage for one more person and climbed it. It was an odd pairing, for there was a third year Hufflepuff, a sixth year Ravenclaw, second year Gryffindor, and Percy Weasley.

The sixth year had given a nod of acknowledgment towards Eliza, helping her up the carriage, but Percy stuck his nose in indifference in his book that he was buried deep in. Eliza huffed out, she atleast expected a hi.

Throughout the entire way up the castle, there was silence. Eliza and the sixth year had a decent conversation before that fell flat.

As soon as they arrived at the castle, Eliza jumped down first and walked towards the Gryffindor table, waving the sixth year. Percy and the second year followed suit, walking towards the Gryffindor table.

A great number of people entered and took their respective place.

Soon, Eliza spotted Rehan and James together. "Rehan! James! Here!" Eliza called out as they stood waiting for Claire.

Once all four of them reunited again, they went and sat off the high-end of the table, closer to the High Table.

Claire and Eliza sat beside each other. Eliza, immediately next to Percy and Rehan and James sat to their opposite.

"What a carriage. Packed with Slytherins! Any minute more, I could've sworn they were ready to throw me off!" Claire said furiously.

"We luckily got a carriage together." James said, indicating him and Rehan. "Plus a two other Hufflepuffs."

Eliza glanced sideways. "Mine was alright. Met that sixth year, Ravenclaw. Adrian, his name is, I think." She said, purposely leaving out Percy's name.

"You shared a carriage with me." Percy said, looking through his glasses, his voice dignified.

"Oh, you noticed? I didn't think you did." Eliza said, surprised at his attempt at conversation. Percy usually kept to himself.

He pushed up his glasses.

Claire interrupted, "Weasley, how many siblings do you have?" She asked, bending forward to look at his face.

Percy looked taken aback. "I have six siblings." He said nevertheless.

"Wait, six? One is starting this year and the other one?" James asked curiously.

"She'll start next year." Percy replied.

"A she?" Claire questioned. "You have a sister?"

"Yes. Only one." Percy said. "Now, if you don't mind, I think the first years are going to come through any second."

The conversation with Percy died. Six siblings, Eliza thought in amazement.

"He was the one who started the talk." Claire whispered.

But true to his word, the door opened. The first years came through, huddled and scared, reminding Eliza of the time James told her that the sorting was fighting a dragon. She smiled at the memory.

The sorting hat burst into a song,

"Oh, you may not think I'm pretty,

But don't judge on what you see,

I'll eat myself if you can find a smarter hat than me.

You can keep your bowlers black,

Your top hats are sleek and tall,