▪︎ 19.

The common room at nearly one am was empty except for a brunette girl and a ginger boy.

It was the last night before the Hogwarts train departed back home, and Eliza and Percy made sure to make the most of their last hours before not being able to see each other for two months.

The fire was hot in the common room as Eliza and Percy continued kissing in a warm embrace. Her legs, which were folded on either side of him, stayed in place as she slid her hand from his chest to his shoulder, connecting their lips deeper.

Eliza didn't know how she would stay away from Percy for two months without being in his presence and without having the feeling of his lips on hers. It felt like all she wanted to do was kiss him over and over like she was doing now.

"You know," Eliza said, breaking their kiss as she noticed some of her red lipstick on Percy's lips. "I never thought you'd be a good kisser."

Percy, who was red than Eliza's lipstick shade, did not answer immediately. His thoughts were consumed by Eliza, and to his surprise, he didn't want them to stop.

"Did you think I would be bad at it?" Percy asked, unable to take his eyes off of Eliza. He simply couldn't believe that he thought of a girl this much.

"Not particularly," Eliza replied, wondering, shifting her legs a little as she sat on Percy. "I thought you'd be new to it."

"I am, Alexandera. I've never kissed anyone except you." Percy said.

Eliza raised her brows, clearly surprised. "I was your first kiss?" She questioned, her heart beating quick. Somewhere, she felt a little guilty that Percy wasn't her first kiss.

"Yes. I was never really that interested in dating, to be honest." Percy replied. "Please kiss me again." He requested, turning a little more red.

Eliza kissed him again. She couldn't grasp the fact that she was his first, first kiss and first girlfriend. It fluttered her heart.

"What changed?" Eliza asked as some more lipstick smeared onto Percy's lips.

"I'm not sure. One day talking to you turned every day, and soon I found myself thinking about you every second. It concerned me." Percy joked.

Eliza laughed softly. She absolutely melted to this side of Percy's. He never really showed his funny side, soft side, clingy side to anyone, but with each kiss a time, he found himself showing all of them Eliza. He couldn't resist her smile and laugh.

"It still is." Percy said, his voice low as he kissed Eliza again.

It was Eliza's turn to blush. In the entire five years of knowing Percy, why hadn't she tried earlier to get this close to him? If she had, she would've seen such Percy sooner.

"Do you know how everyone thinks of you?" Eliza asked.

"Like someone who can't take a joke and only knows how to keep his jead buried in books?" Percy enquired.

"More or less. How come you've never shown people this side of yours?" Eliza questioned.

"My brothers already act as the school's jokers, I didn't think it needed more of them." Percy replied.

Eliza looked into the blue eyes of his before answering. "I mean, like, you only show yourself as the person who loves following rules. Why?"

"I show my other sides to you. Is it not enough?" Percy asked back rhetorically.

Eliza opened her mouth but shut it again. She didn't have an answer to that. She enlightened herself by the fact that Percy only showed his better sides to her.

Percy looked at his watch. "Merlin! It's nearly half past two." He said with a gasp.

Eliza groaned, burying her face into Percy's shoulder. "Is it really?" She asked, her voice muffled.

"Yeah, it is." Percy replied.

Sitting up again, Eliza kissed Percy deep and desperate as Percy held her hips for her to not fall off. Every time their lips connected, Eliza felt the time slip away and kissed him harder.

"I'll miss you, Percy."

***

The train had taken off, speeding past the green lands. Town after town, it skipped with Claire, Eliza, James, and Rehan enjoying the last few minutes before departing for the summer.

"How's Oliver handling the loss?" James asked Rehan out-of-the-blue.

Rehan frowned, "What do you mean?"

James smirked, "Don't think I've not been notcing the considerable amount of time you spend with him."

Rehan rolled his eyes, "In case you've forgotten English, James – which I wouldn't be surprised if you did – when two people hang out, it's called being friends."

"You've spent more time with him all year than you did with me, and I'm your bestfriend!" James said.

"That's what you think." Rehan said, giving James a pointed look.

James turned to Rehan sharply, frowning, "On what – On what!?"

Rehan smoothly ignored James. Claire was chuckling at James, and Eliza looked out of the window.

Soon, they arrived at King's Cross Station, where they pulled their Hogwarts robes over them and donned on Muggle clothes.

Getting off of the train and saying her byes to her friends, Eliza waited for the guard to signal her to go through. Once she did, she immediately spotted her parents.

Grinning and striding towards them, Eliza gave one last sweeping look around the station to find Percy already looking at her.

Her heart gave a small leap as she smiled at him.

Waving a small bye and getting one in return, she Side-Along Apparated with her parents, to her home, for the summer, embarking an end to a truly eventful year that she couldn't wait to tell her parents about.