▪︎ 27.

Ginny, who was like fire, looked like someone put out her flames. She looked pale and bleaky. She looked like she was scared for Ron and what might happen to him.

Percy was getting unceremoniously concerned about her.

"It's alright, Ginny. Ron never touched that cat." He tried to reassure her.

Eliza, though she knew Harry hadn't really done anything to Mrs. Norris kept her cat in her room, shut for most of the part. She was a little frightened that something was out there to get all cats, and she loved the grey cat with yellow eyes too much, for that to happen.

The entire school now whispered behind Harry's back. They accused him of petrifying Filch's cat and avoided him. They didn't dare ask his face in the fear that they would be next.

James, with a stubborn mind, strictly told Rehan not to roam around the corridor alone. Rehan tutted, saying that he was strong enough to defend himself, but James simply wouldn't listen. Eliza agreed with him wholeheartedly.

"You're Muggle-born Rehan!" James said.

"So?" Rehan said.

"So? The monster in the Chamber kills Muggle-borns! I told you the story of what happened the last time it was opened. Don't be daft and don't wander alone!" James said, pointing a warning finger. "Atleast take Oliver with you if you don't want any of us! You can kiss him without interruption as well."

Rehan snapped, "Shut up, James. Stop harboring it. I'm not gay. I'm not into men." He said irritated.

"You're not into women either." James said quietly.

"Fine! Maybe I'm not into humans at all! And looking at you behave is making me believe that it's real!" Rehan said angrily, walking away.

"Hey - Hey! Where are you going off!? Wait for me! I told you not to go alone!" James said hastily, running after Rehan.

"I pity Rehan, imagine putting up James." Claire said with a sigh.

"Oh please, you're the one with a massive crush on him." Eliza said cheekily.

"Excuse you, I don't have a crush on him!" Claire exclaimed.

"Bet on ten Galleons that you and him will get together by the end of Hogwarts." Eliza mumbled to herself.

***

It was nice to sneak off once again while everyone was in the Great Hall, having their dinner. Eliza had to calm down a very smug Claire when she asked to cover for her if Rehan and James asked.

"You know, if anyone catches us, you should definitely use the prefect card." Eliza said, her face hot and red like Percy's if not a bit better than his. "It's so hot when you do it." She said as they took heavy breaths between their kisses.

"I—" Percy started but decided not to speak further but kissed Eliza again, like they were doing for the past twenty minutes.

They were pressed towards the wall, Eliza's back against the cold stone, their breaths ragged. Their ties were loose, and Eliza's top button was undone. Percy's robes were loosely falling to the ground, his shirt wrinkled due to the grip of Eliza's hands, where she was holding him.

Eliza cursed as she pulled Percy closer by his collar, him stumbling and having to push his knee between her legs to keep his balance.

It felt sinful to feel like this. It felt as if they were doing something they shouldn't. They were... but in their eyes, it was nothing but innocent kissing that teenagers did. It felt so good that, if they were still together when they came of age, Eliza didn't want to think where the heat of the moment might lead them.

It would be hard to resist temptation then.

Eliza was just about to voice over her thoughts when they heard rustling nearby. It was a deserted corridor with only one exit. They'd be doomed if they were caught.

"Someone's coming." Percy said, sharply trying to listen for anything.

"No one's coming. You said that last time and ruined it." Eliza frowned.

"What if someone's coming?" Percy asked, kissing her back nevertheless, taking Eliza by surprise.

Eliza gasped for breath when he let go, "Let them come. They'll simply be jealous." She said.

"Alexandera," Percy said softly. "I'm serious. I want to be here as much as you do, but imagine if Professor McGonagall or worse, Professor Snape catches us."

Eliza frowned. He was right. She didn't like that what he said was true.

She pulled him closer, giving a long, hard kiss as they turned red. It was always sad, having to end their session when only it was getting heated.

"Fine, meet me in the common room afterward. Not to continue this, but I just want to see you." She said, smoothing herself, buttoning her shirt and straightening her tie.

Percy nodded his head. "I will." He promised.

"Act normal." Eliza said as they came into the light of the corridor.

"I am normal!" Percy retorted.

Eliza snorted. "Percy, your glasses are crooked, and your cheeks are red. If anyone sees you like that, they'll easily tell you were kissing."

"Well, I can't help that you have such an effect on me." Percy said grumpily as they reached the stairs.

Eliza raised her brow teasingly. "Oh?" She said, giggling.

"Go downstairs, I'll go to bed. Late night rendezvous is ruining my sleep." She said, standing on her toes to kiss him on his cheeks. "Bye, I'll see you tonight." She added with a wink.

Percy watched her climb up the stairs as he turned to go down. He waited for a few seconds because his face felt hot every few seconds as he kept recollecting their kisses.

Taking in a breath, he went down, trying hard to maintain a straight face.

All of that was forgotten the minute he landed on the last step and saw what was ahead of him.

"RON!"

"That's a girls' bathroom!" Percy gasped. "What were you — ?"

"Just having a look around," Ron shrugged. "Clues, you know—"

Percy swelled.

"Get – away – from – there—" Percy said, striding forward and flapping his arms. "Don't you care what this looks like? Coming back here while everyone's at dinner—"

"Why shouldn't we be here?" Ron asked hotly, glaring at Percy. "Listen, we never laid a finger on that cat!"

"That's what I told Ginny," said Percy fiercely, "But she still seems to think you're going to be expelled, I've never seen her so upset, crying her eyes out, you might think of her, all the first years are thoroughly overexcited by this business—"

"You don't care about Ginny," Ron accused, his ears reddening. "You're just worried I'm going to mess up your chances of being Head Boy—"

"Five points from Gryffindor!" Percy said sternly, pointing his prefect
badge.

"And I hope it teaches you a lesson! No more detective work, or I'll write to Mum!"