▪︎ 11.

"Mum!" Eliza said excitedly, running towards her parents on platform nine and three-quarters.

"Hi dear, had a nice time?" Aurora; Eliza's mother, asked.

"Yeah. It was nice." Eliza said. "Happy Anniversary!" She said excitedly.

Eliza's mum raised her eyebrows. "You remember?" She asked and turned to her husband and gave him a pointed look. "At least someone does."

"What do you mean?" Eliza asked and finally realized what her mum meant, turning towards her dad, grinning.

"Hey!" Her father said indignantly, "I did not forget it, I simply forgot the date the first thing in the morning."

"What a lame excuse, dad," Eliza said, snorting.

"No, it isn't." Her father replied and lowered his voice as her mother was too busy searching her purse for the house key. "Besides, I've planned something for your mother."

Raising her eyebrows, Eliza whispered back, "Really? Where?"

"Diagon Alley."

"What are you guys talking about?" Aurora asked, looking at her daughter and husband suspiciously.

"Nothing," Eliza covered. "Any interesting arrests?"

"You like our work way too much than us." her father said, pointing a finger at her.

Eliza shrugged. "Of course, I want to become an Auror just like you guys." She said casually.

"Wait," Dan said. "Since when did you plant that idea into your head?"

Eliza looked from her dad to her mom, "Um, since I could speak English?"

"Dear," Her mom spoke, "Being an Auror is tough work. It's not just cool arrests." She said.

Eliza gave a look, "You think I don't know? We'll talk about this later, I want to go home!" She complained.

Her parents gave a small laugh. "Alright, alright, let's go."

"Side along apparition?" Eliza asked.

"The one and only. Since you don't bring much luggage during Christmas." Her dad replied, taking a hold of her bag and her mom holding Eliza's arm.

"Any goodbyes you want to say while we're here?" Her mom asked, glancing at Eliza.

Eliza looked around, trying to see someone. There was no one in sight.

"Nope." She said.

"Give Tabby's cage to me and hold Tabby carefully. You don't want her to get splinched." Her mom advised.

"Oh! Right." Eliza said and opened Tabby's cage. The cat with grey fur and yellow eyes eyed her owner.

"C'mere," Eliza said and held out a hand. Meowing loudly, the cat happily darted into Eliza's arms, and her mother took the cage.

"Hold tight now." Eliza said to her cat as she closed her her and with a crack they apparated.

"Welcome home."

***

The Calderon house wasn't that big. It wasn't that small either. Since there were only three of them, Eliza's parents made a choice of a triple story rather than a manor. With both the parents being full-time Aurors, money wasn't a shortage.

The housekeeper was given a day off today, seeing that Aurora, Dan, and Eliza all three of them were going to be in the home today. If the Calderons wished, they could get one of their family house elves, but they decided on taking a housekeeper.

"The smell of my room." Eliza said to herself as she flung herself onto her bed.

Her cat settled down on the corner of the bed, where she usually liked to settle and went to sleep.

All day, she did nothing but laze around. After the amount of work at Hogwarts, resting in home seemed perfectly ideal without doing anything.

For hours and hours, Eliza was on her bed, reading story books that resided on the shelves of her room. She did not onkt did that. Occasionally, her mind wandered off to a certain boy of red hair before catching herself and going back to her book. If someone were to look now, they would probably think that only two people lived; Aurora and Dan.

It wasn't until a rap at the door jerked her from her hibernation.

Bouncing from the bed and attending the door, Eliza opened the door.

"Come down, we're going to Diagon Aleey to shop for Christmas gifts." Her mother said, tying her hair up.

Eliza grinned. "Ooh, alright. I'm coming, give me a few minutes."

"Make it quick," Her mom said, shutting the door.

"I can't wait to be by myself in Diagon Alley," Eliza said to herself excitedly. "They're always nosing when I buy gifts," She muttered. "Who is that for? Why such heavy gifts for them?"

Changing quickly into cloaks and thick robes, the Calderons gathered near their fireplace.

Looking into the pot of Floo powder, Eliza's father sighed.

"We're running out. We need more floo powder." He said.

"Well, remember to buy some then." Her mom replied, taking some of the powder and stepping into the fireplace.

After taking a breath, she said, "Diagon Alley!"

The flame burst green and transported her mother. Next followed Eliza and then her father.

"Here," Her father said, handing her a sack of gold. "Buy your gifts and come back here. Don't forget to buy two for me!" He added jokingly.

Eliza smiled. Her mother rolled her eyes, and she spoke, "Come on, Dan, let's go."

After seeing her parents leave, Eliza walked over, counting the number of people she had to send gifts.

It was big work. If she accidently didn't buy someone their gift, Eliza didn't want to think about that.

She had enjoyed trying to guess the number of people she had to buy presents for. It seemed like with each year, the numbers were increasing. I'll cut off ties if I have to gift these many people every year. She thought jokingly.

Eliza had almost walked into every shop in Diagon Alley, picking the best gift she could find for her friends and family.

When she shopped for her final gift, which was for Percy, she had to look carefully at each and every book. It was very obvious that Percy would be jumping up and down if he got a new book and complete it thrice before the holidays were over.

Finding herself in Flourish and Blotts, Eliza read several titles of books.

Everything N.E.W.T.s, No. Prefects who gained power. Now, that caught Eliza's eye. It seemed as if it was perfectly in place for Eliza to buy. She really wanted to see Percy's face as he opened her gift. She felt her face heat up a little.

He was getting to her, and she really had to get herself under control.