▪︎ 31.

The Black Lake was deserted. The lunch hour usually meant so. It was also one of the best times Eliza and Percy sought out each other – alone.

"You know, it's almost six months, and we don't have a picture together." Eliza said as she threw a small bread piece into the Lake.

Percy pushed up his glasses. "Six months?" He said, surprised. He honestly couldn't believe that he hadn't messed up the whole thing yet.

Eliza nodded as she watched him look at the Lake and them back to his book. Honestly, she didn't mind it. If anything, she liked to watch him read, while sometimes ruffling his hair or purposely distracting him with a kiss or two and seeing him struggle to get back to his book after it.

A brainwave passed through Eliza.

"Wait here." She said, jumping to her feet and rushing towards the castle.

Within minutes, panting, she took the camera, which was Claire's, and ran back down. People were still busy with their food, which she saw as a very good sign.

She came back outside and to near Percy, who was already on his feet, the breeze brushing his hair and robes.

"Where did you go?" Percy asked, frowning as he looked bemused at Eliza, who was clutching his arm, heaving breaths.

"To – get – this." She said between huge gasps, showing the camera.

Percy raised a brow. He was certainly not photogenic, and at best, he simply gave an awkward smile and waved at the photo.

"Er – you want a photo, now?" Percy asked, not really wanting to take the photograph.

"Everyone's still at lunch." Eliza said, taking out her wand and making the camera float in air.

Percy stood there limply. What was he supposed to do with his hands? What pose was he supposed to give?

He stared at Eliza as she removed the hair tie holding her hair and ran her fingers through to loosen them. He stood be what he thought on the train ride to Hogwarts. She had certainly gotten more beautiful over the summer.

"What are you waiting for?" Eliza said, pushing the strands of hair from her face and walking towards Percy, wand still in hand.

"I have no idea what I'm supposed to be doing." Percy admitted.

Eliza let out a laugh. She took one hand of his and wrapped it around her waist and the other, she intertwined them, placing her own other hand on his shoulder, like they were about to dance.

Percy slightly blushed. Though he was still very confused.

"On three, kiss me." Eliza said, waving her wand.

"What?"

"One... Two... Three."

And so, Percy kissed her. Without having any idea on why. The camera shuttered, capturing the moment. The loud sound resonated through the empty area. Percy pulled back.

"That was for the photograph?" He asked, slightly pink, but enough to cover his freckles.

Eliza grinned. She got on her toes and briefly kissed him again before unfolding herself from him and walking towards the camera, which was already issuing the photo.

"Ooh, it's lovely." Eliza said, holding the camera in one hand and the picture in the other.

It was really like she said so. As Percy peered from her shoulder to take a look, his heart jumped up. It was them. They kissed and twirled as if they were they were in a ball. They smiled, their photographic self looked like they were inseparable and in love.

In love?

Percy's heart gave a jolt again.

If the photographic him was his image, what did it tell about him?

***

Dueling Club could not have gotten any worse.

With Harry speaking Parseltongue and according to everyone, him setting a snake on a student named Justin, everyone thought he was the Heir of Slytherin and that he was setting up the monster.

Poor boy had to deal with people looking at him as though his looks were petrifying them.

Eliza was sure that he was waiting for Christmas time, where everyone was eager to desert the castle and go home.

"You'll stay the Christmas, won't you?" Eliza asked Percy.

"If you want me to." Percy replied.

So, when McGonagall came around for the list, Eliza, along with the Weasley clan and Harry and Hermione, signed her sheet.

The Transfiguration class the next day after the Dueling Club was running smooth.

Well – as smooth as it could get.

"So, once you wave your wand to bewitch—" Professor McGonagall said as she flicked her wand to demonstrate a hair color change on a fellow Hufflepuff, turning to Black and white, before she could change it however—

"ATTACK! ATTACK! ANOTHER ATTACK! NO MORTAL OR GHOST IS SAFE! RUN FOR YOUR LIVES! ATTAAAACK!"

Professor McGonagall looked alarmed as she almost ran out of the door. Eliza, with wide eyes and along with the rest of the class, rushed outside too, hoping and praying that Peeves was joking, like always.

Door after door burst open like theirs, at Peeves' yell. Students swarmed left and right, all closing in on Nearly Headless Nick and a student, gaping in horror.

Eliza gasped, confirming the worst. Her eyes swirled around the corridor, noticing Harry's presence backed to a wall, but her eyes finally landed on Percy.

His expression was a frown as his eyes met with Eliza's. She wanted some kind of reassurance from him. A small hint, anything. At that moment, she wanted to do nothing more than stay beside him and hold his hand in a small comfort.

"Caught in the act!" A Hufflepuff shouted as he pointed a finger at Harry.

"That will do, Macmillan!" Professor McGonagall said sharply.

Peeves was bobbing overhead, now grinning wickedly, surveying the scene; Peeves always loved chaos. As the teachers bent over Justin and Nearly Headless Nick, examining them concernedly, Peeves broke into song:

"Oh Potter, you rotter, oh what have you done? You're killing off students, you think it's good fun—"

"That's enough, Peeves!" Professor McGonagall shouted, and Peeves zoomed away backwards, with his tongue out at Harry.

"To your dormitories! Prefects here, make sure the students are back in the dormitories!" Professor McGonagall shouted instructions.

And Eliza saw Percy spring to action.

With one last fleeting look she gave him, she walked away with the others, hoping that this mess would be over sooner than later.