Chapter 3 - Sita

I realized that I need to do some scenes with Sita devi before she.. well- you know. 

***

"Raghunandan?" Sita called out, Rama quickly lifted his head from his palms and gave her an unsteady smile. She went and sat down next to him, as he leaned his head on her shoulder. "It's okay." It had only been a few days since he realised that his father passed away, and that shock clearly hadn't gone yet. "It's not your fault, Raghav." those words made a huge impact, of course, Rama still believed that it's his fault that his father died, but to think someone didn't, it helped, it helped a lot.

"Thank you, Site." he said, with a more genuine smile, "Thank you."  

"I'll get you some water Raghav." she said as he smiled at her gratefully.

This sucked, but that's okay! kinda-

***

As Sita walked inside, she saw Lakshman, zoned out. She slowly walked in, and when she realised that he still hadn't noticed her, she called out his name,

"Lakshman?"

Lakshmana looked startled, but tried to cover it up, he stood up and went near Sita, "Yes, bhabi? What is it that you need?" Sita sighed, the two brothers were the same, always trying to cover up their pain. Sita gestured to their bench, telling him to sit down. Lakshman obediently did so.

"Dear, what's wrong?" Sita asked, and Lakshmana looked away, trying to blink away the tears, 

"Nothing, bhabi.." she sighed, these idiots.

"I know when you're lying, stop being idiotic like your brother, and please, tell me what's wrong dear."  

"Pitashree.." he sighed, "It happened so fast, a-and I wasn't even there with him! None of his children were.."

"Oh, Lakhan.." she said, squishing his shoulder, "But that's not all, is it?"

"Bhabi, I accused Bharat bhaiya!" he chocked, wiping his tears away, "H-he looked so b-broken, he c-collapsed in place a-and kept repeating t-that he de-deserved to die!" Sita waited, "I ca-called him a traitor, bhabi! A traitor!"

"Lakshman," she said, wiping his tears, "I know that you had no intention to harm Bharat, I know that you were worried, and was just trying to protect us, and I'm sure Bharat knows that too.

"B-but I hurt him!" he cried, "I hurt him, maa.." He laid his head on Sita's lap as he softly stroked his hair,

"Also, Urmila didn't look at you because she knew that if she saw you, she wouldn't be able to go back." Sita whispered, and Lakshmana looked shocked, 

"How did you-"

"Mothers. Know. Everything."

***

Poor Rama still didn't get his water-