Chapter 9 - Failed First Attempt.

"Uh- Ramu bhaiya?" Lakshmana called out, poking Rama, who was patting Anu with Sita.

"What Lakshu~ what--?" Rama quickly grabbed his bow, standing in front of everyone protectively. He looked at the group of asuras, before instructing his brother: "Lakhan, go back with Sita. Now." 

Lakshmana unable to object his brother's words, did what he was told halfheartedly. Rama tightened his grip on his bow, scanning his so-called enemies, which were basically just people he didn't know, except, Meenakshi, or Shurpanaka. Ignoring her devious smile, he spoke,

"I do not know who you all are, so I do not wish to fight you." he paused, taking our an arrow, and positioning it. "If your lives matter to you, I suggest that you leave." The demons, not paying any heed to his words, charged forward. Rama took exactly 14 arrows at once, and shot it, which each one piercing each asura. Shurpanaka went back to Ravana, wailing to him about what had happened.

14 thousand men. Yes, Ravana had sent 14 thousand men to fight against Rama, with Khara, Trishira and Dushara leading the army. By the time they had arrived, Rama was fully prepared, as if he knew that they were coming. Lakshmana quickly came to his brothers side.

"Lakshman, no. You need to go back to Sita." he said. Lakshmana knew that his brother would be able to defeat these asuras, but he couldn't help but be worried.

"Bhaiya, but-"

"No buts, Lakshman. Go back to Sita, fast." Lakshmana reluctantly obliged, while Rama chanted a mantra to invoke a divine astra, one which made each asura believe that they were fighting Rama. Only Khara and Trishira remained after the asura's had killed themselves.

With a few precise arrows, Rama and killed Trishira too, leaving a battle between Rama and Khara. Khara was a bit harder to kill than Trishira, but of course, our dear Shri Hari was able to vanquish him too.

With a small sigh, Rama returned to a relieved Lakshmana and an awestruck Sita. He had just realised that this was the first time that she had seen him fight such an intense battle. 

"Y-you, they, what?" she mumbled, and even Anu seemed surprised. If you had forgotten, Anu was their squirrel. 

"Bhabi, don't be surprised, my bhaiya can do this and more." Lakshamana proudly claimed,

"Says the one who came running when he saw the asuras." 

"Bhaiya!"

***

wowie. Last happy chapter. 🥹🥹

I honestly have no idea how to start the last one. I've honestly been enjoying starting with these little jokes-lol.

Anyway, as always, hope you enjoyed this chapter- I had to use some references for the battle scenes-- surprisingly, I am more in love with the Mahabharata than the Ramayana. I can explain almost the entirety of the Mahabharata, an Krishna's stories, while I can barely touch the Ramayana, haha. 

Alrighty, good bye for now. :)