Chapter 13 - This is what happens when you don't talk properly.

Rama wasn't one to hold a grudge. Especially not against his family. But he wasn't one to forget anything. Lakshmana, on the other hand, was the one to forget, not forgive.

"Lakshman, remember that guy from Gurukul, Aadith," Bharata asked, looking up from his book, "a similar guy is-"

"Who's Aadith?" Lakshmana questioned back, Rama and Shatrughna glanced at each with a smile, then looked at Bharata, who was trying to contain his laugh. "Who is he?!" he asked again, watching his brothers actions.

Shatrughna smirked, standing up from the bed, then looking at Rama and keeping his actions very dramatic, he said, "oH rAm BhAiYa I wiLl nEvEr FoRgIvE aAdItH fOr CaLlInG yOu UsElEsS aNd sAyInG tHaT yOu gEt EvErYtHiNg FrOm gUrUdEv OnLy BeCaUsE yOu ArE a PrInCe!"

Lakshmana paused for a while, "A-OH! THAT GUY! FIND OUT WHERE HE LIVES, I'M GOING TO GO PUNCH HIM IN HIS PUNY LITTLE FACE-"

"Shanti, bhai, Shanti." Shatrughna chuckled, squishing Lakshmana's shoulder. The latter rolled his eyes as his brothers began laughing like little kids.

One thing that all the brothers did was that they held on to everything bad THEY did, and would feel guilty about it for days. And right now, Lakshmana felt very guilty. He felt guilty for leaving Sita, he felt guilty for making her feel as if he wanted to marry her, he felt guilty for making his bhaiya sad, he felt guilty for not following his bhaiya's instructions, he felt guilty for not protecting them, like he was supposed to when he tagged alone. And now, for the first time, he felt guilty for coming with his brother. He felt like a burden. If he wasn't here, this wouldn't have happened, or so he thought. 

Lakshmana was walking a bit behind Rama, and so, when Rama paused, Lakshmana had bumped into his elder brother. "Gosh- oh, sorry-bha-- I-I'll walk faster.." Rama sighed, he held his brother by the shoulder. Lakshmana still didn't look at his brother. 

"Lakshman, are you okay?" he asked, slightly concerned. Why was his bhaiya asking if he was okay? He didn't deserve to be okay! And, it's him who should be asking his bhaiya if he was okay. "Lakshman..?"

"Oh- um, yeah, I'm okay." No! Why did he say that? Now it sounds like he was okay with Sita bhabi's kidnapping! "I mean no-  I'm not okay with what's happening, of-course! It's just that, I'm okay, but not okay with everything, so that-"

"Hey, hey, calm down, I understand." Rama said, smiling sadly. He placed one hand over Lakshmana's shoulder, and the latter, almost instantly moved away. He didn't deserve his brother's love. Lakshmana looked up at his brother's face. He looked like he saw someone die. No! That was his fault too! Why did he move away! His brother didn't deserve him, but he deserved someone! 

"I-I'm sorry! I just- I didn't--" Lakshmana stopped, what was happening to him? Rama just continued walking, and Lakshmana's heart broke. It was official. His brother didn't need him, or want him. Lakshmana slowly continued to walk behind his brother.

***

If you didn't understand already, this was like, Lakshmana's POV, but not really, because it was till 3rd person. Yas.

This is going to be Ramu's.

*** 

Rama wasn't one to hold a grudge. Especially not against his family. But he wasn't one to forget anything. Lakshmana, on the other hand, was the one to forget, not forgive.

"Lakshman, remember that guy from Gurukul, Aadith," Bharata asked, looking up from his book, "a similar guy is-"

"Who's Aadith?" Lakshmana questioned back, Rama and Shatrughna glanced at each with a smile, then looked at Bharata, who was trying to contain his laugh. "Who is he?!" he asked again, watching his brothers actions.

Shatrughna smirked, standing up from the bed, then said, looking at Rama and keeping his actions very dramatic,"oH rAm BhAiYa I wiLl nEvEr FoRgIvE aAdItH fOr CaLlInG yOu UsElEsS aNd sAyInG tHaT yOu gEt EvErYtHiNg FrOm gUrUdEv OnLy BeCaUsE yOu ArE a PrInCe!"

Lakshmana paused for a while, "A-OH! THAT GUY! FIND OUT WHERE HE LIVES, I'M GOING TO GO PUNCH HIM IN HIS PUNY LITTLE FACE-"

"Shanti, bhai, Shanti." Shatrughna chuckled, squishing Lakshmana's shoulder. The latter rolled his eyes as his brothers began laughing like little kids.

One thing that all the brothers did was that they held on to everything bad THEY did, and would feel guilty about it for days. And right now, Rama felt very guilty. He felt guilty for not listening to his brother and leaving Sita. He felt guilty for being too slow and not getting to the cottage fast enough. He felt guilty for not being able to protect Sita. He felt guilty for yelling at his brother before getting to know what happened. He felt guilty that his brother wasn't able to share what happened with him. He felt guilty for being a bad bhaiya.

Rama paused. He needed to talk to Lakshmana. Before he could turn around, he felt someone bump into him. 

"Gosh- oh, sorry-bha-- I-I'll walk faster.." Lakshmana mumbled as Rama turned around. Was his brother crying? Rama didn't know what to do, he just held Lakshmana by his shoulders, slightly shaking him to make him look up at him, but he didn't. Rama sighed.  

"Lakshman, are you okay?" he asked, then regretted it. Of course his brother wasn't going to tell him that he wasn't okay! He never did, and he knew that Lakshmana wasn't going to tell him the truth, especially not now! 

"Oh- um, yeah, I'm okay." His brother wasn't okay, and it was obvious. Before Rama could say anything, Lakshmana continued, "I mean no- I'm not okay with what's happening, of-course! It's just that, I'm okay, but not okay with everything, so that-"

Rama's heart broke. His brother wasn't able to talk to him properly. He was trying to explain himself! This never happened, and Rama never wanted it to happen either. "Hey, hey, calm down, I understand." Rama said, smiling sadly. He placed one hand over Lakshmana's shoulder, and the latter, almost instantly moved away. Rama froze. His brother didn't want his love. His brother didn't deserve it either. Lakshmana deserved a good brother, who didn't yell at him for no reason, and someone who he was able to share everything with. Rama just wasn't that brother.

"I-I'm sorry! I just- I didn't--" Lakshmana said, and Rama continued walking. His brother didn't need his love, or want his love. It was official.

***

I'm so sorry- this sucked. I was trying out something new and clearly messed up.  😅🥲

But do not worry! They next few chapters are also Rama-Lakshmana ones. And maybe they'll fix the mess they've gotten themselves into.

***