CHAPTER ONE

{Ka'rasi June Smith *kaykay*} 

📍Dallas Texas 

"remy.. i need you to be very quiet and wait in here" I told my two year old sister putting headphones on her while she sat in the closet. 

"kaykay I want you ta stay" she said pouting. I heard a glass break in the living room and I felt her jump.

"shh shh , I'll be right back remy. After we can get ice cream" I said as she just nodded and watched her video.

 I shut the closet door and slowly opened the door to my bedroom. I peeked over the railing and saw my mom and dad laying lifeless as the front door was wide open.

My eyes got blurry and I felt hot tears running down my face as i tried my best to get back in the room.

I pulled myself together and ran back in the room with remy holding a Glock .9 . I quickly grabbed my suitcase and locked the door putting a chair and shelf infront of it. 

After 10 minutes i packed us a bag and opened the closet door to get remy.

"where we going sissy" she said touching her hand on my face. 

"i don't know baby" I said sighing as I seen her pout. I grabbed my savings from my closet and counted it .

"8,000 dollars... damn" i said putting the money in my bra. 

"remy be very quiet" i said grabbing my keys and opening the window. 

I threw a few pillows neatly and jumped. It wasn't a big jump only the first floor. I made sure remy was okay before sprinting to my car . I got in and put remy in the front seat rushing to pull out. 

I looked over and saw she was sleep leaving me in my thoughts . My mom and dad are really dead... 

My dad been in the drug game forever and my mom always asked him to get out of it but he always responded with "it's not that easy". I never over thought my dad being there but now it's hitting me. 

I have to take the best care of my sister... How am I even going to tell her... I cant do this by myself... what about if they track us...

I pulled up into a gas station and threw remy iPad away and my phone . I got out and looked around my car for anything even under . I got back in and drove until I thought this out.

I pulled up to my best friends house , laylen. I got out the car and went to remy side to pick her up.

"Sissy" she said about to cry.

"shh no please don't cry" I said pleading.

"I hungry" she said lowly. 

"okay one second rere" I said knocking on the door. I repeated the same steps back to back until she came to the door what feels like an hour later.

"kay.. it's late as  fuck what's going on" lay said wiping her eyes.

"um...my people kicked us out we don't have no where to go" I said contemplating on weather or not I should tell her the truth. She let me in and I quickly went in.

"LAY LAY" remy yelled jumping out my arms and into hers. I smiled and went to the guest room putting our bags down.

I sat in my thoughts again thinking bout what the fuck I was finna do... I don't have family out here because my dad and his drug issues. It's like it's all clicking our whole life is around him and drugs . 

I pulled out my money and put it in the side of my bag. I'll use that to get a 2 bedroom apartment and start back doing hair and nails... 

I'm 17... I was still getting my life together but boom this shit hit me... real hard. I heard a knock on the door and lay come in.

"you okay?" She asked. I looked at her to see if she was being honest or if she actually cared.. it was mid.

"yes.. can we stay here for two days... I'm going to go apartment hunting tomorrow" I asked .

"mm.. sure. Trey and his hbs coming over though tmr..." She said referring to her "boyfriend". They cheat every fucking day and she so slow to get back with him. 

"okay.. where remy" I asked and she went to the living room bringing back a sleeping remy. I smiled and placed her on the bed and kissed her forehead. 

"night kay" lay said walking out the door.

"Thank you...night" I said before showering and getting in bed.

[NEXT MORNING

"BITCH AND BOOM" I woke up to loud ass talking and yelling. I assumed it was trey and his homeboys. I sighed and checked on remy and saw she was knocked out.

I got up and did my morning routine and took a shower.

(to mf lazy YALL know what she did) 

I did my face care and body care and picked out an outfit from the closet. 

I picked out some jeans that had a big ass hole on each leg and a white simple cropped top. I took off my bonnet revealing my 40 inch jet black lace front. I brushed it and smiled. 

"NAH NIIGGGAAA" i heard AGAIN. Nigga shut up it's to mf early. 

i set out remy outfit for school. She had cheer practice after so i set another one down and put it in her bag. 

Them niggas was still being loud as shit and it's 8 in the fucking morning. I only heard one nigga and other murmuring. Bitches might as well speak up now.

"remy go brush your teeth and take a shower. Your water is running" I said shaking remy. She got up yawning and i laughed while she rushed to go in the bathroom.

"WE WILL GET FOOD BEFORE WE DEOP YOU OFF" I yelled opening the door. I looked and saw about 6 niggas. Oh my fucking fuck . 

They all stared and Lay came from her room with trey .

"morning best" she said hugging me. I hugged her back and gave trey a side hug after he said hey. I just stood there looking dum like summer walker did.

"OH! My fault, y'all this is my best friend kaykay and kay this is bino , jahvier, Zay, Zaza ,Zi , and Liam." She said breaking the silence by introducing us. I put names to face as everyone gave me some wassups and allat. 

besides zaza i guess... ALWAYS THAT ONE NIGGA.

"Hey.. I gotta take remy to school." I said to lay.

"okay bet when you get back we was finna go to the mall and chill" she said. I nodded thinking I can relax for a little. I walked upstairs and saw remy in her oversized green and white graphic tee and some white socks with her green and white dunks. 

"ooo prettyyyyyy! Grab your purse and let's roll" I said grabbing her backpack and my keys. 

We walked downstairs and once again them mfs was looking at us. Remy walked up to lay and hugged her and went out the door as I followed behind her. She got in her car seat and I started the car.

Moments later she made it to school and i had already sent an email to EVERYBODY at this mf school letting them know not to let my sister leave with anyone!!.

I rode quickly back to the house to go with lay and nem .

-clock that teaaaaa , anyways we gon start this mf off slow!

also no i didn't proof read cs yea.