CHAPTER 6

"Returning to the Human World and

Encountering Sang'gre Danaya once more."

" Diwani? Diwani Zonia, is that you?" A voice called out my name, causing me to turn around and spot the warrior and his soldiers amidst the trees.

Swiftly, I wiped the tears from my face and composed myself before facing the warrior. " Ybarro, it's a relief to see you've escaped unscathed from the palace." I remarked, trying to maintain my composure.

" I've heard about what happened to the Queen. It must be incredibly difficult for you right now." He said sympathetically, patiently awaiting my response. " Watching the Queen perish at the hands of my supposed mother... perhaps. But realizing I'm not actually the daughter of the traitor Sang'gre Pirena... I'm filled with fury." I confessed, shocking them with my revelation.

" I couldn't understand, Diwani." He confusingly said to me. " She didn't only lied about your daughter with Ashti Amihan, Ybarro. She also lied about my real birth." I told him making me look at the almost destroyed palace that I once live in.

" I can't comprehend, Diwani what you have told me." He said to me with confusion. " She didn't just lie about your daughter with Ashti Amihan, Ybarro. She also deceived me about my true birth." I informed him, gazing at the nearly destroyed palace that was once my home.

" I was nothing but a pawn in her grand scheme to attain her desires: the Crown, the Kingdom, and the Power." I explained, shaking my head at her greed. " And the most appalling part is that she felt the need to eliminate her own apwe (siblings) just to achieve it."

" The three Ashtis I once regarded as mothers are no longer by my side. Two of them have perished, and one has been banished. Now, I am truly alone." I said, sitting on a stone and holding myself back from crying. However, as he approached and gently patted my back, all of my emotions came crashing down.

I wept loudly, perhaps louder than I ever had in my life. It was difficult to process everything that had transpired. At this hour of the night, we would typically gather in the dining room, enjoying the meals prepared by the Dama, sharing jokes, and discussing our day. But now, that moment would never occur again—it would merely become a distant memory in my life.

By the time I woke up, it was almost sunrise, I realize I had slept through the night, exhausted from crying

By the time I woke up, it was almost sunrise, I realize I had slept through the night, exhausted from crying. I assume that the warrior must have carried me, as we were no longer near the palace of Lireo.

" I'm relieved you're awake now, Diwani. We're nearing the fort; we'll arrive before sun is up if we continue traveling." He said, offering his hand to help me up.