clarisse almost beats the shit out of us

sunrise boulevard

sunrise boulevard

AUGUST SHOT AWAKE when she felt someone violently shaking her. Her eyes shot to her side, just to see Annabeth peering down at her. August ripped her arm out of her grip, whisper yelling, "I'm awake!"

"Let's go." Annabeth grabbed her wrist, dragging August out of her bed and out of cabin ten. August's eyes were still blurry from sleep, and she hastily rubbed them.

"Where are we going?" August asked, crossing her arms over her chest from the night breeze. Annabeth was practically jogging at this point, and August realized they were heading towards the bathrooms.

"Why are we going to the—?" August started to question before getting cut of by Annabeth's, "Shh!"

August pouted narrowing her eyes at Annabeth as they approached the entrance of the bathroom. Clarrisse and two other campers were dragging the new boy—which August learned that his name was Percy—into a stall. She cringed, feeling slightly sorry for being the subject of Clarrisse's torment.

"Shouldn't you help him?" August whispered, glancing over at Annabeth. Annabeth paused her gaze locked on the scene in front of them, "And why don't you help him?"

"I'm not stepping foot into one of those stalls." August crinkled her nose, pointing at one of the stalls that was clearly dirty. Annabeth shrugged in agreement, crossing her arms over her chest.

August flicked her gaze back over just in time to see a wave of water destroying the bathroom stall and sending Clarrisse and her friends flying back, crashing onto the bathroom floor. August's eyes widened at the scene, wondering if she just imagined it.

Clarrisse and her three friends scrambled out of the bathroom, and Percy emerged from the stall. Completely dry. And the only logical explanation for the wave of water was if he was the son of...

"Look, I can explain." Percy tried, gesturing to the broken stall. Annabeth and August looked at each other, barely containing the smiles that wanted to creep up. Annabeth looked back at the boy, "No, you can't."

"No, I can't," He agreed. His attention turned to August and he furrowed his eyebrows, like he was trying to remember something. Slowly he said, "I know you."

"Not really." August replied, watching him carefully. She wasn't sure how much he remembered from that night. Percy looked at her expectantly, and she added on, "I'm August."

"You were the girl that said I was drooling. That wasn't very nice," Percy sent an accusatory glare to August. August shrugged.