5"

Late into the night Camilla and James still sat in the common room, sheets of parchment  scattered all over the floor and small table

Late into the night Camilla and James still sat in the common room, sheets of parchment scattered all over the floor and small table. They sat beside each-other, unhappily, trying to persuade the other of their choices of teammates.

While the others had seen enough a long time ago, and headed off to their dorms and their warms beds; James and camilla still bickered well into the night. Sirius had been the longest to say with them, using it as an opportunity to work his magic on Camilla.

"Come on Cam, one date" he said from his place next to James who scribbled some names down

"Sirius, I don't understand how you've not caught on yet. I wouldn't even touch you with a bloody barge pole. Do -you- understand-me?" she said slowly like Sirius had a mental deficiency and struggled to understand

"I love it when you play hard to get" He teased making James bark a laugh looking up and between the pair of them

"You make me feel nauseous, you know that. It's like a talent of yours. Every-time I am in your presence I suddenly feel terribly unwell" Camilla said seriously, giving him a deadpan look

Sirius only laughed and continued teasing her until he also had eventually got bored and made his way upstairs, heading for his bed.

So far James and camilla had decided on the one remaining chaser, the two beaters and the keeper but could not, for the life of them, agree on the position of the Seeker.

Camilla had suggested McLaggen, she didn't particularly like the boy but she knew he could do it. He was a fairly decent seeker, or at least had been last year. James preferred pick was Matthew Brown. He had never been picked before but did show some promise at tryouts.

"Potter" Camilla said frustratedly, "We know McLaggen can do it! We won't have to change tactics, stick to what we know! He may be a git but you've got to admit, he's good enough"

"If we stick to what we know then we're never going to win the cup!" James snapped back, "That's the whole point, we need to try something new. Don't you think that its a good idea to choose people we see potential in?" he asked irritated

"Why choose people we think could be good when we already have one whom is perfectly capable. Why take risks when we don't have to?!"

Truth be told James had been convinced on McLaggen quite a while ago by Camilla, but he was having too much of a enjoyable time winding her up.

He thought it was awfully funny to see her eyebrows shoot up in pure horror when he made a suggestion, or her ears turn red with anger as he cut her off or shut down her ideas immediately.

James could see why Sirius enjoyed tormenting Camilla so much. It was almost as fun as tormenting Lily.

He wondered why he had never done it before.