I'm Going To Die In The Sea

Book 2 - The Sea Of Monsters

Cameron had taken over for Annabeth while she took some time to process what had happened back on the boat

Cameron had taken over for Annabeth while she took some time to process what had happened back on the boat. Ayden had stopped crying, but she'd also stopped talking. Percy knew how close the two of them had gotten while he was gone. What freaked him out most of all was how connected Ayden was to all of this. How connected she was with Ki and now Kronos.

"Hey look," Tyson pointed. Annabeth looked out in the distance she could see land.

"That's Virginia beach," Annabeth sat up. "How did Princess Andromeda travel that far overnight, that's like—."

"Five hundred and thirty nautical miles," Percy shot out. Ayden turned to look at him confused.

"How did you know that?"

"I'm not sure."

"Dad," Tyson smiled.

"I guess when you're at seas you can get exact locations or something," Cameron added. The closer they got to the land, the closer they got to the coast guard. "Guys, they are going to ask too many questions." Cameron hesitated with the canister.

"Keep going to Chesapeake bay, I know a place," Annabeth urged. Ayden rested her head in her hands. She felt horrible for Ki and felt worse for Annabeth.

"Hey," Percy touched her arm as she looked at him.

"I'm good," She nodded. "I'm good. Sorry." Cameron went around the sandbar as Annabeth directed. They pulled the lifeboat onto the shore and Cameron dropped to her knees.

"Ah, ground I love the ground." She lifted her hands moving the dirt with her magic.

"Come on," Annabeth grabbed her arm hauling her up. Percy got off helping Ayden and then Tyson as they ran through the woods.

"Where are we going?" Percy asked.

"Shhh, just come on," Annabeth told them as she moved a little farth and pulled a branch to the side. Auyden realized it was a secret fort hidden in the woods. "Get in."

"This is awesome," Cameron muttered as she got in. The others followed in after her. "This was one of your hideouts wasn't it?" She asked. Annabeth set down her pack and nodded.

"Hey Tyson, will you look scout outside?" Percy asked. Tyson tilted his head. Cameron gave him a soft smile.

"Come on, we can go look for powdered donuts." She explained. Tyson grinned and took her hand as she led him out of the tent. Once they were gone Annabeth turned to Ayden.