I'm Sorry Ayden

Book 2 - The Sea Of Monsters

"Hey," Percy's voice was soft as he tried to wake her up

"Hey," Percy's voice was soft as he tried to wake her up. She looked out seeing that they were coming up onto a coast.

"We are near Miami!" Annabeth called from the other hippocampi. Ayden rubbed behind her animal ears hearing it neigh to her. Percy watched her interact with the creature.

"Stare a little longer Percy," Grover laughed. Percy's face burned as he glanced over his shoulder.

"You may be my best friend, but I can through you under the bus too." Grover just laughed, but Percy wasn't joking. Ayden slid off the hippocampi grimacing as her side erupted with a stabbing pain.

"Hey," Cameron moved through the water closer to her.

"The hippocampi are acting up," Annabeth added as she tried to calm hers.

"This is the farthest they are willing to go," Percy slid off. "It's the pollution too close to the land." He patted the horse's gills.

"Great, swimming," Ayden grumbled as she struggled to treat the water with one arm, the other held her side.

"Are you alright?" Cameron asked. She too struggled to keep her head above the water. Ayden shook her head as she grimaced each time she moved her arms through the water. "Are you hurt?"

"No." She fought through the pain until she could finally touch. She moved out from the water with her hand on her side.

"I need the Fleece!" Cameron yelled as she looked back at Clarisse.

"We need to figure out what day it is?" Annabeth added as she moved closer to the streets. Clarisse hesitantly gave Cameron the fleece as she wrapped it around Ayden's shoulders.

"What's wrong?" Tyson asked. "Are you okay?"

"I'm okay," Ayden gave him a tight smile. Annabeth, Grover, and Clarisse went to look for a newspaper.

"Are you hurt?" Percy asked. "You didn't say anything." Ayden gasped suddenly as a warmth spread through her. Her bone seemed to crack back into place.

"Ow," She coughed a little and then looked at Cameron. "I'm good. I'm fine."

"You're lucky you didn't make it worse," Cameron snapped as she tugged the Fleece from her shoulders.

"We've been gone from camp for ten days," Annabeth heaved as she ran back toward the group.

"What?" Ayden looked at Percy. "Thalia's tree might be dead soon."

"How are we going to get back in time?"

"This is all your fault," Clarisse grumbled.

"Our fault?!" Ayden yelled at her.

"Yeah, the oracle said you would ruin my quest!" She threw her hands in the air.