Swear On The River Styx

Book 5 - The Last Olympian

Ayden had stayed in Percy's cabin that night. She'd helped him clean since Annabeth was going to do checks the next morning. The two were curled up together. The only thing that woke them was Esme as she came in asking where Blair was or what she was going to pack.

"Esme," Ayden pulled the cover over her face.

"Better have clothes on," Esme chuckled as she yanked the covers off the two of them.

"Aw, why do you have to be like that," Ayden sat up glaring at the girl. She rubbed her eyes as the girl tried to flatten Ayden's bedhead.

"What did you roll around while you were sleeping?" She laughed. "Or something else."

"Don't be like that," Ayden stood up. She grabbed the covers from her hand and covered Percy back up.

"Thanks," He smiled and snuggled back up into a little ball. Ayden laughed at him, she leaned down and kissed his cheek. "Morning."

"Good morning."

"Aw so cute, back to me," Esme stared at her. She had her hands on her hips. "What time are we leaving today?"

"After mealtime." Ayden rubbed her forehead. "Grab your armour and others. It's likely we'll stay there until Kronos reaches the tower."

"What are we the reserve?" Esme crossed her arms. "I thought we were going to get more action than that."

"Don't worry I'll change it when Kronos shows his hand, but for now, we will be at Olympus waiting." Ayden stretched her arms to the ceiling as she cracked her back. Annabeth appeared at the doors as she knocked lightly.

"Inspection." She saw how messy Ayden's hair was. "I knew you stayed here. Ares got a 2.5."

"Yeah, Clarisse is still boycotting everything everyone does, so I stayed here-"

"That the only reason?" Esme smirked.

"I had to help him clean as well, stop being dirty," Ayden shot her a look. The girl held up her hands and walked for the doors. "Pack your stuff and you can't bring Nimbus!"

"I know!" Esme disappeared past the doors.

"Where are you going?" Annabeth looked around at how clean his cabin was.

"Chiron advised the six of us to Olympus to babysit." Ayden crossed her arms. A breeze blew in from the open cabin door making her shiver.

"Wait, you're leaving?" Percy sat up as he ran his hands through his curls.