I Know You're Tired

Book 4 - The Battle of The Labyrinth

They were wrapping the fallen in the shrouds, but Ayden couldn't bring herself to stay around. She has never been to a funeral and she never planned on attending one. She couldn't sit there and look at the fires. In her head she'd killed all those people cause she hesitated. She was the reason they were dead. She slipped away before the others could try and mourn with her. She found herself down by the water. She was searching the beach for rocks.

"Watcha doin?" Tyson asked as he came to find her. She picked up one of the shiny rocks and showed it to him. "Pretty." He took it in his massive hand. "You don't want to be up there? The others were looking for you."

"I don't really like funerals," She explained. Tyson nodded and sat down next to her.

"You lost people?"

"Yeah," Ayden nodded.

"Cameron."

"Yeah." Tyson picked up one of the rocks and handed it to her. "Thanks."

"She forgives you," Tyson muttered as he squatted close to the rocks using his hands to dig past the surface.

"Did she tell you that?" Ayden joked slightly as she sank to her knees staring at the green and deep red colors in her hands.

"She did." Tyson didn't look up from his rocks. He leaned closer to the hole with his head in his head as he slowly started to pick out the best ones. They sat there together both of them looking at the nicer rocks on the shore. Ayden stood up.

"Would you like to come with me?"

"Where?" Tyson stood up. One of his feet slid into the hole making him shorter and crooked.

"Cameron's cabin, I like to put the rocks around a tree," Ayden explained as she looked down at her hands full of the weathered stones.

"A tree?" Tyson asked. The two of them gathered their rocks. Tyson picked out the prettiest one he could find since Cameron was that pretty.