2.

Meanwhile, when others have left, Aemond descended into the lower levels of the dragonpit below the main area, into the caverns where the dragons nested.

Hoping to find two of the unclaimed dragons, he pressed on in the dark.

Aemond's thoughts continued to wander back to Naella. He was surprised at how much her concern for him had touched him, and he couldn't stop thinking about the way she had been the first person there to stand up for him.

He felt a strong connection with her.
He trusted her, and felt that he could tell her anything. He felt safe around her, and he felt that she understood him.

Aemond wasn't sure if Naella felt the same way about him, and he didn't want to get his hopes up too high.

Aemond's thoughts then began to focus on his encounter with Dreamfyre, and the fire that she spewed at him.

Stumbling backward onto the floor, Aemond flew out of the Dragon Pit with only a face full of ash.

                                  ♧

Back in her private chambers, Alicent sat with her daughter Helaena Targaryen.

"This one has sixty rings... and two pairs of legs on each. That's 240."-Helaena was intently focused on details about her insect collection.

"Yes, it is."

"It has eyes... though... I don't believe it can see."

"And why is that so, do you think?"

"It is beyond our understanding."

"I suppose you're right. Some things just are."

"Your Grace."-a Kingsguard dragged in Aemond, covered in ash and soot.

"Aemond. What have you done?"

"He did it again."-Helaena observed.

"After how many times you have been warned, must I have you confined to your chambers?!"

"They made me do it!"

"As if you needed encouragement. Your obsession with those beasts goes beyond understanding."

Alicent scolded him for how dangerous it was to keep trying to claim an adult dragon on his own.

"They gave me a pig!!"

"A what?"

"They said they found a dragon for me."

Humiliated, Aemond explained that the other boys have given him a pig dressed up as a dragon and they all laughed at him.

"The last ring has no legs at all."

"But, it was a pig."

"You will have a dragon one day. I know it."-concerned and sympathetic, Alicent lovingly embraced her son and assured him that he would have a dragon some day.

"He will have to close an eye."-Helaena muttered.

"They all laughed. But, Naell... It doesn't matter."

                                 ♧

Later that day, Naella was gathering her books in the royal library. She saw a book that caught her eye.

Naella got on her tippy toes and was struggling to get the book.

"Here, my Princess."-she turned around and saw Ser Harwin handing her the book.

"Thank you, Ser Harwin."-she thanked him warmly, with a bright smile on her face.

Naella was a young Princess and Rhaenyra's unofficial heir to the Iron Throne. Her parents wanted to ensure that she was protected at all times.