14.

Aemond and Cole headed to the Street of Silk, a brothel that Aegon was known to frequent.

Aemond wore a hood to hide his Targaryen hair, hoping that he would not be recognized.

Cole was also dressed in commoner's clothing, hoping to blend in with the other people in the area.

Women stood in the open, hoping to attract someone who may find them interesting enough to spend time with.

"Aegon brought me to the Street of Silk on my thirteenth name day."-Aemond said, thinking back to one of his worst memories.

"It was his duty as my brother, he said. To ensure I was as educated as he was."

Aemond led Cole to the brothel where Aegon had brought him years ago.

"At least that's what I understood him to mean."-the Targaryen Prince knocked three times on the door.

"I don't follow."

"He said, Time to get it wet."

"Every woman is an image of the Mother, to be spoken of with reverence."

Cole added as he knocked the door as well and the door opened to reveal the madam of the brothel.

"Sometime last night... we misplaced our drinking companion. Knowing that he has been in the past, a patron of your fine establishment, we thought to inquire here as to his whereabouts."-Ser Cristin explained the reason for their presence.

"And describe him."-the woman said firmly, not liking the secrecy of the matter.

"That is a delicate matter."-Cole whispered to tha madam's ear.

"You see, the man we seek is the young Prince Aegon. I may trust, I hope, in the discretion of your trade."-teh madam chuckled.

"The Prince is not here."

"Has he been here? Earlier, perhaps?"

"Quite a bit earlier. Years ago, in fact."-she recognized Aemond under his hood and shot him a glance.

As Aemond looked down, his thoughts went back to that day. The humiliation, the shame.

"But, more recently?"

They were told by the madam that Aegon hadn't patronized the establishment in years.

"He does not frequent the Street of Silk. His tastes are known to be... less discriminating."

"Meaning what?"-she gave them a teasing smile.

"I wish you good luck, Ser. And my best to your friend."-as Cole walked away, she looked Aemond up and down.

"How you've grown."

"Mm."-Aemond kept a steely composure as he followed Cole.

                                   ♧

Meanwhile, in the Red Keep, Otto had the nobles present at court herded into the throne room.

"Viserys amended his wishes. It's as simple as that."

The Hand informed them of Viserys's purported change of his successor.

"You once swore your banners to Rhaenyra. You must now pledge them to the future King."-he insistrd they bend the knee and swear allegiance to his grandson.

"I must confer first with my house on this matter."

"You'll not leave this room without declaring your intention."

Lord Merryweather turned to leave, but Otto stopped him, demanding that he declare his intentions.

"I am no oath breaker. I will not bend the knee."