3.

Rhaenyra and Queen Alicent attended a meeting of the Small Council with King Viserys.

Rhaenyra and Alicent disagreed on every issue. Rhaenyra had a more hands-on and interventionist approach to rule.

On the other hand, Alicent was more diplomatic and wanted to delegate issues to regional rulers, worried about repercussions.

"It is Lord Blackwood's contention, therefore, that the Brackens moved the boundary stones in the dead of the night and put their horses to graze in his field."

House Blackwood and House Bracken have had yet another border dispute in their ancient feud.

"Why was this issue not brought before Lord Grover? Has he grown so feeble he cannot settle a quarrel over rocks?"

"I've heard the tale that Lord Grover's son now rules Riverrun in all, but his name."

"Well, he's also a Tully and this remains a Tully problem."-Alicent wanted to delegate the ruling to House Tully.

"I would agree."

The doors suddenly opened and the young Princess rushed inside as she could sense some impatience

"Naella, you're late. A King's cupbearer shouldn't be late. It leaves people wanting for cups."

Rhaenyra smiled as she remembered her father said those exact words to her when she was his cupbearer.

"I got lost in my studies. It won't happen again."-Naella responded nervously as she felt all eyes on her.

Her cheeks were pink as she felt shy and nervous in this new situation. She didn't want to give a wrong impression, so all she could do was attend to her duties.

"If we may move on, my Lords..."

"And yet, the Brackens and the Blackwoods will use any excuse to spill each other's blood."-Princess Rhaenyra argued.

"So...this dispute bears looking into. There will be countryfolkwho know where the lines have been drawn for generations."

She pointed out that local countryfolk would know where the ancient border markers have been so they should sent envoys to ask.

"That is easy enough."

"Of course."

"Ser Tyland."

"Uh... we should address the latest developments in the Stepstones, my Lords."-they moved on to the renewed conflict in the Stepstones, now allied with independent Dorne.

"Will we ever be shut of that blasted place?"

"If you ask me, I think the Blackwoods have the upper hand."

"No."

The meeting continued for some time, but Naella paid attention and made the appropriate gestures of pouring wine and handing the cups to each member when necessary.

"We've moved onto Stepstones, Lord Beesbury."

"And The Triarchy's new alliance with Dorne."

"I was hoping our negotiations with Sunspear might persuade them to see reason. To trust a Martell is to be disappointed."

Viserys bitterly said that he'd hoped his ongoing negotiations with House Martell to keep them out of the region would succeed, but that showed what he got for ever trusting a Martell.

"And where, I wonder, is our Prince Daemon? Or I suppose I should call him King, as he styled himself when he won a battle there once."-Jasper Wylde quipped.