Chapter Four

The morning sun rays seeping in through the curtains woke Ishan from his deep slumber. The younger was right behind him breathing down his neck; hands still wrapped around his waist.

The older blushed when he noticed that his shirt had rode up all the way to his waist where Shubman had his hands around. Slowly, without waking him, Ishan tried to break out of his hold. He sneaked his hands under the younger's arms and lifted slowly , only to receive a deep groan from Shubman while he tightened his arms around his waist and buried his face deeper into his neck.

"Shubi, please... The alarm's just about to go off in ten minutes." he tried tapping the younger's arm lightly.

"Then let me hold you for ten more minutes" Shubman's husky morning voice made Ishan feel things .

"No, I'm getting up" Ishan attempted to lift his arm again and get off the bed.

Suddenly, the younger's hands were on his hips turning him around to face him. He hugged him close; not leaving a single atom of space between them.

Shubman smiled lazily at him; eyes still closed.

"Goodmorning " Damn his voice....

"Go- Good m-morning" now why the fuck was Ishan stuttering? He wanted to bang his head against the wall.

"What will you give me if I make a century today, hmm?" he asked playfully, fingers mapping out circles around the older's waist.

"An encouraging tap on the shoulder???" Ishan said, his face already breaking out into a smile. He knew exactly what the younger wanted but he wasn't going to give in so easily.

Shubman finally opened his eyes with a frown, trying not to smile.

"That's for everyone else to see, I'm talking about" he got closer to the older and placed his lips tantalizingly close to his ears, "What are you willing to do in my bed? "

"Sleep" the older teased shrugging his shoulders, looking for the younger's reaction.

Shubman bit his lower lip and smiled; looking excruciatingly handsome with his bed hair and sleepy eyes.

"Sweetheart, I'm gonna make sure you don't sleep at all tonight " he whispered, placing a wet kiss on the older's jaw.

Ishan looked like a deer caught in the headlights, he felt the excitement buzz spread through his body thinking about the night already.

"Shubi no.... " He whined, finally breaking away from his hold and standing up over the bed.

"Shubi, yes..." the younger replied, trying to copy Ishan's whiny voice as the older stomped out into the bathroom shutting the door behind him .

They showered separately, although most days they just got into the shower together as though it was perfectly normal for two 'friends' to wash each other without any sexual activities. Sometimes, they did behave too much like a couple.

They shared light hearted conversations as they ate breakfast and got ready; everything about their relationship was so easy , like they didn't even have to try. They were made for each other, ofcourse in a platonic way; atleast it's what they 'believe' .

Finally, it was time to head out for the match that day. They travelled in silence as Shubman played Ishan's favourite playlist and settled his hand on the older's thigh, fingers tapping gently to the music; it was in the little things that the younger did that made Ishan's heart twist in certain ways.

°°°°°

England were never an easy team to play; infact in cricket no team could ever be considered easy. There's no ruler, no servant; all are equal irrespective of how massive their fanbase may be, at the end of the day, anyone could destroy anyone in the brutal field surrounded by chants from thousands and thousands of fans.

As they stood in the tunnel minutes before the match;Ishan could already feel the all to familiar rush of adrenaline, his increased heartbeat vibrating in his ears with excitement and bones cracking with nervousness. It was all too much to contain and could be tamed only when he was out on the field.

He felt Shubman's presence behind him and turned back to smile at the younger boy who was already looking at him with a smug expression. Ishan wondered what he was thinking about but before he could ponder any longer, the players started moving out the tunnel as the cheers from the fans grew louder and louder untill his body grew numb to any other feeling.

India won the toss, chosing to bowl first. England then set a score of 274 to chase.

In the second half, Rohit and Shubman set out as openers for the team, their partnership worked amazing initially but was disrupted when Rohit was stumped out at 46 by one of the bowlers. Ishan then came to take his place and stood his ground, Shubman and his partnership working wonders as always.

They hit sixes and fours almost every over sending the crowd into frenzy, soon Shubman neared his century. And in true 'Prince' style, he reached it in a soaring six.

Shubman Gill was truly unbelievable..

The entire stadium erupted with chants of the younger's name while all the other players stood up to their feet in celebration; choruses of 'Prince Gill ' in the air.

Ishan and Shubman's hug lingered around each other a little longer..

Ishan was feeling a little mischievous or maybe it was the adrenaline rush, he brought his hand up to cover his mouth as he said, "You can have me however you want tonight.." separating himself from the younger, he almost laughed as he saw Shubman gulp with wide eyes, his already flush cheeks turning darker.

The game ended with India reaching the target with 6 overs left. The team were very pleased with the results and the players went about with the usual customary handshakes, awkwards side hugs, countless 'you played well' muttered to randomly anyone. After celebrating with the fans, they were all able to head down to their locker rooms.

The mood in the locker room was just everything a cricketer could dream of ; the happiness radiating off everyone's eyes. They had an unbeaten record for multiple matches in a row now. The coach gave a short speech on how proud he was of them.

After his talk, Dravid left the players to continue their celebration. The team almost immediately rushed into celebration as nothing had happened jumping with excitement at the possibility of what they could become; it was the feeling that they were a part of something that would go down in the books of cricket history.

In the midst of all that Ishan catched the eyes of the younger who gave him a wink and mouthed 'keep your word'. Suddenly, the older regretted saying what he said on the pitch. He felt all the blood drain from his face.

Mayank, who had been beside him the whole time saw the change in his friend's demeanor and got worried , "You okay, bro? You look like you saw a ghost?"

"Nothing, just tired.." Ishan shook his head, trying to enjoy the moment for now....

A/N: Hey loves!!🎀
I'm really sorry if I write the cricket matches horribly, but I don't really know much so Idek what to explain, some of you can message me privately to help me out on that if you want..😭