Chapter Seven

Ishan ran to the washroom for what felt like the fifth time that day, he clutched his stomach as he bent over the toilet seat, and threw up the remnants of his last meal.

He brushed his teeth quickly; head still spinning as he tried to keep himself conscious and made a mental note to get an appointment at the clinic, he could always consult his own brother (FYI-Raj is a doctor), but then again, he thought worrying his family wouldn't be the best thing at the moment.

So he booked an evening appointment for his usual doctor and got ready to leave. He reached the clinic right on time as his name was called out by the nurse.

(A/N: All medical knowledge here is absolute bullshit. Neither am I a doctor nor a med student so please bear this stupidity.)

He entered the doctor's office and watched as Dr.Sharma's face lit up at the familiar face,

"Ishan beta, what a delight to see you again.. but also not, cause I'm a doctor." He chuckled, doctors and their impeccable sense of humour.

"So, what's the problem?" He asked, concern etched on his face.

"Um... actually, I've been feeling nauseous and dizzy the past three days. I've also puked quite a lot and my stomach feels, I don't know, weird..."

"It could be food poisoning. Ishan, have you been eating outside or eaten something at home that caused this reaction?"

"Actually, I've not eaten anything other than the food made by my nutritionist... I don't think it's food poisoning."

"Are you experiencing any chest or back pain?" Mr.Sharma promptly asked.

"No." Ishan assured

"How is your bowel movement?"

"It's pretty normal..."

Mr.Sharma frowned at the symptoms, as they didn't properly align to anything.

"Let's do an ultrasound and then we'll decide on further tests.. " he declared.

Ishan was then directed to the ultrasound room along with the head nurse.

As Ishan laid on the bed with his tshirt pulled up and his pant's waist slightly lowered, he blushed bright red upon remembering that most of the marks Shubman left less than two weeks ago are probably still visible.

The radiographer however, professionally ignored it and applied the cold gel over his abdomen and pressed the transducer over the skin, sliding through the pale expanse of exposed soft flesh.

She then lowered the transducer towards his pelvis and gasped audibly at the video monitor.

Ishan immediately sat up.

"Is something wrong?" He asked, greatly bothered by her reaction.

The radiographer immediately rushed to wipe him clean with a cloth and proceeded to the collect the printed sonograms without replying to his queries.

"Dr. Sharma will explain the matter, follow me." She finally spoke, handing him the sonograms and walking ahead of him towards the doctor's office.

"Is it something to worry about?" Ishan's voice shook with nerves, having health issues was an athlete's biggest nightmare.

"No...not really." She replied curtly. They entered the office, and she leaned in to whisper in Dr.Sharma's ear in hushed tones as Ishan sat at his assigned seat, placed the sonograms before his doctor and rubbed his palms gingerly.