Chapter Eleven

" What more do you want, Shubman?" Ishan was desperate to be left alone.

"You...I want you."  And Shubman was obstinate.

"Well... It's too late for that now." Ishan moved back hastily slamming the door and preventing any further exhaustion.

" I'll wait for you!" Shubman's voice came from the other end of the hardwood, "Right here, Ishan. I'm not moving! Don't think I'm leaving now that I've found you..."

Ishan shook his head, not this time... he wasn't gonna fall for those sweet words and smitten gaze all over again.

He didn't think Shubman was really gonna stand outside anyway, it was already starting to get dark and the foreboding grey clouds and rumbling sky gave away the signs of a huge thunderstorm coming in.

The older carried a sleeping Vihaan to their room and laid him on the bed, looking at the chubby little baby with adoration.

Alice quietly walked in, "Is everything okay, love?"

"Um... Yeah..yeah, everything's fine." Ishan spoke with a tone  that gave away too much.

"Huh..." Alice scoffed playfully, "I'm twice your age, Ish, I understand enough to know you have some history with that man who was outside."

Ishan gave her a tired smile...

Alice had been an angel for him and Vihaan, stuck with them through thick and thin, loving and caring for him like a mother. There was no point in keeping secrets from her...

"Actually- "

Ishan ended up narrating their entire tangled up past over a bottle of red wine standing in the kitchen counter. After listening to the account with careful attention, Alice finally spoke,

"You know what's funny about second chances Ishan...  it doesn't depend on the person to be forgiven, but on the person who has to forgive..."

"I don't think I'm strong enough to trust him again..." Ishan said honestly.

"Oh... Ish, my love, you're stronger than you make yourself to be..."

And with that, Alice picked up her bag, taking her leave for the day. Ishan walked her to the door, hugging her goodnight.

What he didn't expect to see was Shubman still outside, leaning against his car in the freezing air of the cold night.

He gave an exasperated sigh while Alice squeezed his shoulder, gave him a pointed look, and mouthed, 'Go talk to him..'

"NO.." Ishan whispered back.

As he watched Alice walk away, he tried his best not to look at Shubman and went back inside.

Ishan could be stubborn like that...

Shubman rubbed his hands together, brought them to his mouth and huffed out air in an attempt to keep them warm, his nose and the tip of his ears were turning red from the cold, water vapour from the fog had turned his hair wet on the ends.

The younger simply pulled his coat closer to his body and watched the lights downstairs turn off and the lights of the (probable) bedroom upstairs turn dim.

He looked over the house inspecting every detail with meticulous attention and then, thought of his luxurious home in Chandigarh and the million dollar appartment in Mumbai...

This was the home he wanted over all those...

                         °°°°°

Ishan woke up with a jolt because of the loud thundering and bright lightning flashes outside. The rain pattered painfully against his window...

He looked over at Vihaan next to him and was relieved to see him peacefully asleep despite it all, the little munchkin really was a sleep enthusiast. Ishan chuckled softly , he really did exhibit Shubman in most of his ways.

Thinking of Shubman...

Could he possibly still be outside?

No... Ofcourse not.

Ishan reached for his phone on the bedside table and checked the time, 1:37 am...

Shubman was definitely back in his hotel by now.

Ishan rested his head back on the pillow and attempted to sleep, but to his annoyance, he laid awake for the next fifteen minutes.

He sighed and got out of the bed, tucking in Vihaan with a pillow replacing him. There was still no harm in checking , he walked to his window and slowly dragged the curtains to the side...

There he was....

Drenched in the pouring rain, bent over his car... shaking.

Ishan was caught off-guard by Shubman's presence... A part of him wanted to let him be, let him suffer. But that wasn't Ishan... He couldn't hurt a damn fly, much less a person.

He immediately ran downstairs grabbing the largest umbrella he could find.

Meanwhile, Shubman hadn't even thought of returning to the hotel or getting inside the car...  He just wanted to Ishan again, even if it was a fleeting glance.

He ignored the countless calls and frantic texts from his manager, teammates and coaches.

He was shaking desperately with the bitter cold, London's unforgiving weather was onto him, his legs were giving out as he supported himself on the car and bent over.His teeth were chattering so hard his jaw hurt, he closed his eyes in an attempt to block off the rain from hitting his eyes .

Suddenly the rain stopped...

But no... he could still hear it.

So how was it not pouring against him anymore.

He opened his eyes slowly to find an exhausted looking Ishan covering both of them with an umbrella.

"I hate you but can't let you die of pneumonia... Get in."

A/n: Screaming, crying, throwing up, fainting, howling-     I  CAN'T!!!! 😭😭😭🤌🏻🤌🏻🤌🏻 HE'S SO DAMN FINE💞✨ Two updates in two days?!! Look at me being all regugu...😭 (Yes, that was a pathetic rip-off of delulu)