The Cop's villain

Khao goes back to his den.
"Did you guys disable the CCTV cameras in that area? First is going to look at that footage." (K)

"Yes, we did." (Subordinate)

"Be careful next time. Do as you are told, don't cross your line. If you make a mess, just fucking lick it up. I can't risk my entire empire for you assholes." (K)

"Isn't First the one we were looking for? What is he planning to do? I don't think it's safe for you to be with that bastard. After all, he is a cop, he is searching for you. Why don't you finish him off?" (Subordinate)

*Slaps*

"Don't you fucking dare swear at him? Just do what you are told to. Don't cross your limits, don't forget who the boss is. Clear?" (K)

"Sorry." (Subordinate)

"It would be easy to just finish him just like that. Let me enjoy the game of hide and seek for a few days. Let me enjoy, the scene of his defeat, how he desperately searches for the villain, while the villain is in his own house." (K)

Khao's Pov

I can't let my men down, I can't hurt my people nor can I hurt you, First. Even if you don't remember me, I can never break my promise. I am gonna protect you with my life. I cannot let you interfere with my work nor will I stop you from trying to find the culprit. I didn't plan any of this. My motive was clear, to find the cop who has been given the charge to find the culprit of the murders, but never did I realise it would turn out to be you. I had to kill him, poison him. And look at me now, trying to find a middle path like the Buddha. How can your savior be your destroyer? I will do everything in my might to help you, even if it might cost my life. I promised to protect you with my life and so will I. I can't let my men harm you, nor can I let you harm my men. So for now I need to lie to both.

End of Khao's POV

"Boss??
.
.

Mr. Khaotung?" (Subordinate)

"Huh??!!" (K)

"We caught the culprit who tried to mess with our import-export business. He also has a long list of criminal records. What should we do with him? Shall I bring him in here?" (Subordinate)

"I am not in the mood to dirty my hands, finish him off. Did he sign all the property documents? We can't kill him unless he transfers all his property to us." (K)

"He did" (subordinate)

"Then we don't need him anymore. His work in this world is done. Just finish the damn bastard." (K)

"Ok" (subordinate)

*A cry in a distant room, and then the sound of a gunshot echoes*

"Don't call me. I will call you when required. Ok? You guys aren't kids, so I don't need to guide you in every step. And even if you call me, don't call me Boss or Sir. Just tell me my name and then the code language. Do you get it? First is damn smart. I can't risk it." (K)