The Bad Guy

A few days later

Khao and First have gotten much closer than before. First shared all the details with Khao. And Khao like a dedicated friend listens to his findings, silently smiling behind his back and then passing that information to his men to either warn them ahead of the police or screw up their plans. He can't blow up his cover till his work is done.

Even though Khaotung is defying First in his work, lying and manipulating him, his concern and feelings for him have grown stronger. And so does First's, he started to find peace in Khao's company.

First was busy with his work and he and his left no stones overturned in finding all sorts of clues. All they concluded is the people who work for X have the same tattoo, and as per the sources, the name of their leader who they termed as X for now starts with the letter A. This has motivated First, to start all over again, the hunt for A.

First's birthday was on 3rd September, so on 2nd September Khaotung decided to throw a surprise birthday party when First left for his work. But then he receives an SOS. He quickly changes the sim and calls his subordinates.

"What's the emergency?" (Khaotung)

"You need to come here fast. You have to see this. It's urgent." (Subordinate)

"What the fuck is it now? Can't you guys deal with it? I am busy...." (K)

"No. You need to see this. Come quick." (Subordinate)

"What the fuck? Ok, I will be there." (K)

*Call disconnected*

"These are useless pieces of shit. Can't do anything on their own. But what's it that they want to show me? They sound scared of surprise?" (K)

Khao then looks at the ingredients in front of him, to bake a cake for First.
"What the hell am I even doing? What's all this housewife's behavior? Fuck it. My boys need me there."

He leaves the stuff behind and runs back to his den.

"What's the problem here? Huh?? What was with the tone you used? What's the problem?" (K)

"Sorry, we interfered with your work. We know it's First's birthday tomorrow. But..." (Subordinate)

"Stop it here. I don't need another lecture session here. What's the emergency?" (K)

"The one who was behind covering up Pa's murder and bailing the guilty. We got him. But..." (Subordinate)

"But?? But what??" (K)

"...."

"Speak out you damn it." (K)

"See for yourself." And one of Khao's men moved to reveal the person who they held hostage. The person's mouth was taped and his hands and let's tied with rope.

Khao couldn't believe his eyes.
"You? Aren't you First's departmental senior? Inspector Hugo. Damn!!" (K)