Six

Brunk

I arrive at the brothel just in time to see Calla disappear up the steps with a grinning Pix on her arm.

The stab of pain that goes through my heart nearly sends me to my knees, but it's quickly replaced by anger. My mate should not be fucking another. I stalk towards the stairs, not caring that I'm toppling tables until I'm suddenly yanked backwards and landing on the street in a heap.

I roar and glare at the man who is holding a glowing rope that is still looped around my chest. I try and break free, but the rope only glows brighter as the man laughs. "Struggle all you want orc, my magic can last longer than your strength."

"What do you want?" I growl out.

The man calmly walks towards me, winding up the loose end of his rope, "I don't want anything from you. I don't even know who you are, but for the amount of gold that girl payed me, I don't really care."

My struggling stops as his words sink in. "You were paid to stop me?"

He nods, "oh yeah. Little pistol of a woman was waving around a bag of gold making all these demands, and one of them was to stop the angry orc that would be coming after her. Said to do whatever was necessary to restrain you." He pauses briefly before adding, "she did make it a point to say not to kill you though."

I sit there silently for a moment before telling him softly, "you can release me. I will leave town."

He looks at me skeptically, "I don't know about that. For an orc you sure gave up fast."

I sigh, "if Calla doesn't want me here, then I will leave. Tell her I will complete our contract for the Wilderbeast and she can join me or not." The words pain me to say, but if she doesn't want me then I will not force her. I would rather be a rejected mate then force Calla to be with me.

"You ain't yanking my chain are you?" He asks slowly. "You'll really leave?"

I nod, "I have no reason to stay."

"She really got you good didn't she?" He chuckles softly, "I know the look of a broken heart. Been there a few times myself." He flicks the rope and it falls off me, the glowing dying. "Go on, I'll give her your message."

Standing up I give him a nod and turn away from the brothel, heading out of town and only stopping when the lights of it are far behind me. Looking to the sky, I find the guiding stars and start jogging, ignoring the burn and aching in my body. Trying not to picture Calla in bed with that Pix. Trying to ignore the hurting of my heart.

I run through the night and by the time the sun has started to peak over the horizon, my legs give out, sending me to the ground. I lay there, breathing heavily, as the sun climbs higher and higher. As my breathing slows and the aching in my muscles stops, I curl up and let my eyes close.

The dreams that come do nothing but torment me.

Flashes of Calla. Her smile and her laugh, the way she smirks while teasing me. Images of her on my cock with her head thrown back that change to her riding the Pix. Moaning as she cums for them and not for me.

How she laughs and smirks, her voice whispering how she doesn't need me, how she never loved me.

I jerk awake, a growl tearing it's way through me as it explodes. I yell with everything I have, and it echos around me long after I've grown silent.