Nine

Calla

I wake up to the sound of the door being smashed open. Groaning, I look over at the man who has so rudely woken me up. He looks around the room, taking in the cracked ceiling, smashed tables, ripped pillows and finally the broken bed. Feathers lay everywhere, coating the room in a white blanket.

"What the hell did you do to my room?" He yells.

I stretch as I answer, "I put it to good use."

"You better have the gold to pay for this!" He points to Pim who also hasn't left the room, "and the gold to pay for two days with her!"

I sit up quickly, "did you say two days?" I look at Pim who is looking at me with amusement, "we've been in here for two fucking days?"

She laughs, "quite literally."

"Shit," I groan as I get out of the wrecked bed and looking around for my clothes. Finally I spot them under a broken table and dress quickly. Turning to the man I say, "I need supplies. Bread, meat and cheese, a full water skin and my horse."

"You're not getting anything until I see gold."

Spotting my coin purse under a smashed leg of the bed, I pull it out and toss it to him. "That should be more than enough."

He hefts the bad and makes a grunt, "just barley."

He stalls out of the room and I turn to Pim, "how much of that are you going to get?"

She stretches gracefully, reminding me of a cat before she answers, "he pays me fairly. He's the only one for ages that has a Pix in his employ." She rolls into her stomach, legs bent towards her ass, "are you sure you don't want to stay longer?"

I can't help the heated look I give her. When the perfect woman lays naked in front of you and asks you to stay and fuck her, well, you consider it.

Heavily.

Groaning, I hop onto the bed next to her and flip her over, straddling her before kissing her hard. This would probably be the only time I'd see her and I wanted to milk it.

Her lips taste like us as she kisses me back, a small smile on her lips. Her teeth nipple my bottom lip and and I moan into it briefly before ripping myself away. Reaching into the hidden pocket of my pants, I pull out another coin purse, this one smaller then my main one, but no less heavy. Laying it on the bed beside her I say, "don't let him take it from you. You have thoroughly earned this."

Hopping off the bed, I leave her lounging in the trashed room as I race down the stairs. The innkeeper had my bags packed and I didn't stop as I grab them off the bar. He must have went to the stables because there was my horse out front, saddled and ready to go.

As I'm stowing my bags, a man comes up to me, "you calls?" He asks as he fiddles with the rope on his hip.

Not looking up from my bags I ask, "who wants to know?"

"That orc of yours wanted me to tell you that he's headed after the Wilderbeast and that if you want to join him you can and if not then consider your partnership terminated," he says in a business like tone.

I pause and look up at him, "when was this?"

"Night you got to town. He saw you head upstairs with that Pix and was right mad," he pats his rope, "but I got him good."

"Fuck," I grumble as I hop up onto my horse. "Thank you," I tell the man as I spur my horse into a run. We fly through the small town.

It was easy enough to follow Brunks path, his feet left deep grooves in the ground. I was surprised how far he'd gotten in such a short time. I must have pissed him off more than I thought.

Not that he had any reason to be mad. If anything, I had more of a reason then he did. At least I didn't mark him and then try to breed him without his permission. Just because I'd grown up around orcs didn't mean that I knew all of their rituals, especially when it came to sex.

Once I caught up with him we'd have to have a long talk about everything. If I ever caught up with him. He could be miles away by now, but something told me that he'd never leave me behind no matter how mad he was.

And sure enough, just as the sun was starting to set, I saw a vague outline of a house on the horizon and a large green orc dragging trees. Why he was building a house was beyond me.

I slow my panting horse, trying to give me time to think of what to say. What could I say? Oh hi Brunk nice of you to wait around for me after I just spent the last two days fucking someone who wasn't you. Oh and by the way did you mate me and try to breed me?

I snort, that wouldn't end up in an argument or anything.

I continue to think as the sun sets, enjoying the cool breeze. Until my horse panics and almost throws me. It cries softly as it stamps it's feet and the smell of death reaches me.

Only one thing smelled like that.

Grabbing my sword, I hit the button on the hilt and the blade flames to life, illuminating the area around me. I hear my name faintly on the wind, "Brunk?" I call out, racing towards the sound of his voice.

A bellowing sound reaches me and my blood goes cold. It was Brunks battle cry and it was followed by the sound of a Wilderbeast. I urge my horse faster, praying that I'd get there in time. Brunk might be a large orc but even he was no match for a Wilderbeast alone.

In the flaming glow of my sword, I can just make out the rising shape of the house that he was building, along with the Wilderbeast standing over Brunks unmoving body.

Rage fills me and I crouch in my saddle, jumping off just before the Wilderbeast can register that I'm there. My flaming sword slices through its neck, the stench of death and charred meat fill my nose as it's head separates from its body.

******
@guts140
Just for you baby