Part 12

Chapter 12

AKIHITO SHIRAHOSHI

Akihito found himself in his lady wife's room and watched her consciousness return as her eyelids filled nervously.

"Where am I?" she questioned, her voice a bit raspy from being unconscious for so long. She was right now in his room, located on the third floor of the castle, and he moved to the side and handed her a glass of water.

"You are in my castle, Miyuki-hime," he began and saw her nod nervously as she took the glass of water and took a sip.

Her fainting had kind of scared him, for if she were to die so quickly after their marriage it would not have been good for him, yet he also recognized that he shared much blame in this all, he could have made adjustments according to her presence, when he had faced those bandits.

So, as he sat beside her, he gave her a short bow as he began.

"I would like to apologize for the gruesome display, on our journey. I should have been more mindful of your presence," he began and saw her still as she waved nervously.

"Please raise your head my lord. It is who should apologize for the inconvenience I have caused you," she began, and he shook his head.

"It was nothing," he assured her as she nodded before suddenly he felt her frown as she spoke up,

"I feel different, more invigorated than I have done so in years," she began in an amazed tone as her eyes widened as she turned to face him.

"What did your healers give me, my lord," she questioned, and he was surprised that she could feel the aftereffects of the treatment so quickly, but he should have expected nothing less of Tsunade Senju.

"I am thankful that you feel as such, but I did mention that I wouldn't let you die, didn't I? So, as soon as you told me of your poisoning, I called the best healer in the continent, and according to her, you shall make a complete recovery," he informed her of Tsunade's words.

Her eyes widened as she stilled, and then her eyes began to tear up.

"How? I thought it was hopeless," she mentioned in a slurry tone as tears dripped down her eyes as her body shook.

"I did as I promised," he told her as he wiped away her tears with his sleeve.

"But how?" she questioned again as she held onto his shirt, and he sighed as he answered with a smile.

"There is little in this world that Tsunade Senju cannot cure," he answered and saw her eyes widen at those words.

"You cannot mean her!" she said with widened eyes, and he nodded as he wept back her hair, wiping away the sweat from her face.

"Yes, indeed I mean exactly her," and before she could continue, the doors to the room slid open, making him frown.

"It is g..." and it was none other than Shizune-san, whose face flushed instantly as she realized her mistake.

"I will come late..." She was about to leave when he stopped her.

"Stop," he said as he stood up and beckoned her in as Miyuki, face flushed, looked down in embarrassment.

"I was just leaving," he said as he looked towards the princess.

"She is Tsunade-san's apprentice and will treat you until you are healthy. Kirin-san will be back by tonight, until then Nakiri-san shall see to your needs," he informed her as she nodded, and he then left the room stopping for a second by Shizune-san's side.

"Where is Tsunade-sama?" he questioned.

"She is in the yard, near the forest," she informed him and he nodded as he thanked her.

"Thank you, and Nikiri-san will come by any minute now. Tell her whatever you may need and any other precautions that we need to take for her health," he told her, and she nodded, her cheeks still flushed as he left the room heading towards his private training yard.

.

.

He found Tsunade-sama there, examining one of the tree stumps. Her hand was grazing the stump as he stopped and spoke up.

"I believe you have heard the news as well, your sensei has agreed to step down," he informed her and she nodded as she turned to face him.

"Indeed, I am aware," and of course she would be.

"He gave the daimyo a list of potential candidates to replace him. I must say I was rather surprised that I didn't find your name on that list," he offered with a smile, and she rolled her eyes.

"I am not. Even he knows that I have little patience for the village as it currently stands," she uttered as she looked him in the eye.

"Who was his recommendation?" she questioned.

"Namikaze, Minato Namikaze, the yellow flash, your comrade's student," he replied, and she nodded, seeming thoughtful.

"Though I would have liked it if your name had been there," he teased, and she narrowed her eyes.

"I do hope that you didn't try and have it added, boy," she said, and he nodded.

"I tried, but the daimyo-sama wished for me to remain limited to the list sent by your sensei" he replied, and she shook her head.

"That's reasonable. But Jiraiya's boy huh. He is a better choice than I had expected. You would like to work with him from what I can tell," she offered, and he was surprised by those words.

"For that, I still would have to live long enough," he said as he raised his brow, and she nodded.

"You will," she iterated, and then his next words made the very air still.

"Not if Shimura has anything to say about that," and he saw her still at those words.

"What do you mean by that?" she questioned.

"I mean that the Third Prince was rather insistent in his support of the aged man. And then I have heard rumors of his close ties with the Lord Mahiro, who is the Prince's grandfather," he tried to thread the dots.

"That is a grave accusation to make," she said scathingly.

"I make no accusation, but I had hoped that you could perhaps enlighten the people of your village of their oaths in regard to the upcoming conflict," he said in a sharp tone, taking a big gamble.

And she met his gaze as she processed his words.

"I will see what I can do, have your servants prepare my things. I wish to leave by tomorrow morning," she informed him, and he nodded.

"I will inform them of your plans," he said, and just then, he frowned as one of the guards rushed forward.

"My lord! My Lord!" the man shouted, making him turn to face him.

And he was alert at once, his mind racing as he questioned quickly.

"What happened!"

"It's about your retinue, my lord! They were attacked, and the bandit they captured has been killed!"

0000

As always, you can read ahead and support me on Patre 0n. Your support makes it possible for me to write these stories. So, if possible, have a look and consider dropping a dime if you can. It would help me out quite a bit.

(P)(A)(T)(R)(E)(O)(N) / Drkest

Have fun reading!