Part 33

Chapter 33

TSUNADE SENJU

Tsunade found herself sitting beside her old teammate, who continuously seemed to be looking up and down at her like a gaping fool, his gaze ticking her off until she finally found her patience end.

"Speak, or I shall leave," she said, and as he opened his mouth, she added threateningly.

"And if it is anything inappropriate, I will bash your head in," she warned him and saw him halt as he raised his hands placatingly.

"Maa, maa hime, shouldn't you be a bit more happy at what you have managed to pull off?" he said. She sighed and began to stand up, before he finally ended his ruse and got serious.

"Okay, okay. It has been months since we last saw each other. What's the hurry? After all, we do have much to discuss," he said, and she took a deep breath as she settled back into the seat.

They sat in one of the Akimichi establishments, a private booth secured by seals so that no one else could hear them talk.

"I had always thought you were bad at politics and plots, but I must say your recent actions have me reevaluating my assessment," he began, taking a sealed bottle from his pocket and placing it on the table.

It was sake from the land of honey.

"Out manoeuvring and getting rid of Danzo himself in the way you did, I would never have thought you capable of such a thing," he said, and she shook her head.

"I did nothing. The man's downfall is because of his own actions," she answered, for that was the truth.

And Jiraiya smiled at her words.

"Deny it as you may, but you did have a part to play to in it, and so did that young lord of yours, Akihito Shirahoshi," and her eyes narrowed as he named Akihito, for most shinobi except the older ones involved in treatise and negotiations, names of nobility were of no concern.

Yet for Jiraiya to know of him by name and her connection to him spoke that he had looked into him.

"An interesting fellow that one, one whom even I fail to wrap my head around," he admitted as he poured himself some sake into a cup and gulped it down as he offered her the second one.

"Tell me about him," he asked her, and that was interesting.

"What's there to tell? I am afraid you must know all about him by now," she replied as he took the cup and drowned it down, the sweet sake warmed her insides as she savoured the unique taste only found in sake from Land of Honey, and interestingly this was the same treat that Akihito would procure for her.

'Had Jiraiya brought this because he was aware of that, or was it all just a coincidence?'

"Yet he is not just a normal noble now, is he?" he questioned again as she poured them both another cup.

"Friendship of a sanin, servitude of two pure-blooded Uzumaki, possessing a sword designed on one of Kirigakure's treasures that he stumbled upon, and the list goes on and on," he began as he lightly twirled the sake. His eyes narrowed onto her as he continued.

"Now, I wouldn't call it all normal, now would I?" he questioned, and she shrugged.

"The boy has unsettled nearly all of the nobles on the continent. They shake in fear of his name, fear what he could become," he answered. Tsunade frowned as she drowned the second cup and questioned as she wiped away her lips with her sleeve.

"And what is that he could become apart from the Fire daimyo?" she questioned.

"A Shogun!"

0000