eighth chapter

NESTA WAS CURIOUS; no one could deny that fact; it was already part of her nature; she always wanted to know how things worked

NESTA WAS CURIOUS; no one could deny that fact; it was already part of her nature; she always wanted to know how things worked. When she left the house, she invented wonderful stories about the people who crossed paths with her. As she slept, she went over the entire day in her head to make sure she didn't miss anything; her curiosity and imagination were her greatest allies.

However, nothing aroused her interest and curiosity as much as the boy in front of her; he had a grumpy and sarcastic attitude, and when she saw him for the first time, she noticed that he was always on the defensive, but he was also sweet; he could be delicate, and the sullen face he had could smile, and she liked that; she liked everything he showed her, even if it wasn't good; it was him.

Treech cared about her feelings, even though he was in a difficult situation. He drew to comfort her, even though it was in the time that was reserved for him.

How did he become this way?

"Well, where do we start?" The boy started to speak, and the wide smile that was before on his face was replaced by a softer one. Even with a black eye and the dirt on his face, he was still so handsome that Nesta sometimes felt like she was going to stutter. "Now, since you don't ask anything, let me be first. How is your life here at the Capitol?" He asked and seemed genuinely interested, although he grimaced at the last word.

Nesta almost let out a disappointed sigh; she wanted to be the first to ask the questions. "It's not that interesting, to be honest; I've barely left the house, and I always have the same routine; the only thing that changes are the books I read." She answered sincerely, her life despite being luxurious, was boring, and despite being bad, being a mentor in games was the most interesting thing that had happened to her in a long time.

Which was depressing.

Treech furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. He always thought that people in the Capitol did all sorts of fun activities; however, the girl in front of him seemed disillusioned with her life in this place. But,  he didn't want to make the girl uncomfortable, so he was quick to change the subject. "And what types of books do you read?" He questioned, seemed genuinely interested, and when he saw the excitement in the girl's eyes, he wished he'd asked the same question 100 times so he could see that reaction again.

"Adventure, mystery, romance, fantasy—well,  to be honest, I read everything I have access to; I would spend hours and hours reading." She was curious; it was one of the first things Treech noticed about her when they met at the train station. She didn't look at the tributes with fear, maybe with a little hesitation, but always with genuine curiosity, as if she wanted to draw her own conclusions about them. what the Capitol taught her to fear from an early age.

It was one of the things he liked about her.

The boy was ready to ask more questions, but Nesta was quicker. "How did you learn to draw?" She asked, and she was so eager for the answer that she didn't even notice that she was holding the boy's hands in hers; but he didn't move away from the touch; he just laughed. For him, her reactions were adorable and comfortable.