My fall

---

I'm about to ask you a question: What is it that humans or people desire? Is it wealth, maybe fame, or perhaps happiness? The truth about it is that people have always desired what they cannot have. Here are a couple of examples: some people might be on a diet and know they can't have chocolate, but when they do bite into that sweet, sweet chocolate, it tastes 100 times better than when they could have it. Not convincing enough? Fine, how about an affair? Most people get really turned on by cheating on their partner; maybe it's the feeling of getting caught that keeps them going. You see, it's all these things that keep humans interested. Why? I have no idea; I'm still trying to figure it out myself. My desire is simple, or maybe not so simple – the infinite is what I desire. I have no idea what it is, but I want it even more than my father did before he fell.

Ah, where are my manners? My name is Azazel Nightshade, and I'm the son of the former Archangel of Forbidden Knowledge, Azrael. My father fell because of two reasons: his own ambition – he wanted to be the king of the heavens – and the fact he disobeyed the heavenly father, giving humans the ability to utilize weapons for war. For that, he was thrown out of heaven, falling into the gap, the place in between heaven and earth, an endless emptiness. My father was doomed to fall for all eternity. My mother abandoned me soon after, saying I reminded her too much of my father. Adam, the first human, wanted me to suffer the same fate as my father. Thankfully, Sera and Michael decided against that and allowed my continued existence. Sera raised me alongside her daughter, Emily – someone I viewed as a younger sister. She never failed to bring a smile to my face.

I was to inherit my father's title as the guardian of forbidden knowledge, and I was to master the divine laws that kept heaven together:

1. Treat others with kindness and compassion.
2. Respect the sanctity of life in all its forms.
3. Practice honesty and integrity in all your actions.
4. Foster love and understanding among people.
5. Uphold justice and fairness in your dealings.
6. Honor and care for the Earth and its resources.
7. Cultivate gratitude for the blessings in your life.
8. Strive for personal and spiritual growth.
9. Forgive and let go of resentment.
10. Embrace humility and avoid arrogance.
11. Be generous and share your blessings with others.
12. Seek knowledge and wisdom throughout your life.
13. Foster harmony and unity within your community.
14. Avoid harming others physically, emotionally, or spiritually.
15. Practice patience and perseverance in the face of challenges.
16. Embrace selflessness by putting the needs of others before your own, fostering a spirit of generosity and altruism.

So that's my story. You expect everyone to be nice to an orphan, right? Especially one that was granted mercy by the heavenly father. Yeah, sorry to disappoint you – everyone hated me, except Sera, Emily, and Michael, of course. But could I blame the people for showing me hatred? I mean, I couldn't blame them; my father tried to take over their kingdom. But it wouldn't hurt them to be nicer. Probably didn't help that the first murderer himself was my ancestor. Michael taught me swordsmanship; he was the best swordsman in all of existence – God's sword, after all. Sera taught me magic and how to tap into my own angelic abilities.

My own divine abilities had started to manifest. It seems that I'm the Angel of Death's, yes, ominous – I know, I know, but death isn't a bad thing unless you were a bad person. My job was to guide souls to their designated area. If you were a good person, you came to heaven; if you were bad, I sent you to the gates of hell. Easy, right? Nope, some people were difficult to find, and I've been doing my job for over a thousand years now. With that done, let me continue my introduction.

I'll tell you how I fell. It's simple, really. I fell for the same reason as my father did – my ambition, as well as breaking one of the divine commandments. It didn't help that Adam had a vision of me leaving heaven in ruin. But I suppose my source for the infinite might be what caused it. My selfishness is what had me fall. I was sealed into the Custodia Damnationis (Imprisonment of Condemnation). Do I regret what I did? No, I probably won't. I'm as prideful as I am ignorant – ironic, isn't it? The son of the smartest angel is ignorant. I find that poetic in a sense. But one thing that hurt me was the look my adoptive mother gave me – one of disappointment. My father figure (Michael) didn't even look at me. As for Emily, she didn't show up. I was arrested for events that didn't even happen yet. Why? I have no idea. I suppose this is my own punishment for my naivety.

Adam's POV

Azazel Nightshade, son of Azrael Nightshade and Rebecca Cain. You have committed one of the greatest offenses one can ever commit. You have broken the divine commandment. You have betrayed your people. How do you plead?

Azazel: Not guilty. I have done you no wrong. What have I done to warrant my punishment?

Adam: You have pursued the infinite, and that is already enough to put you on trial. Your father pursued the infinite for a selfish reason that led to his downfall. We can only assume you're after the same reason. In the future, your existence will be the very cause of heaven's destruction.

Adam to the people: Do we really want this child to be in heaven? He is truly a threat to our way of life. His existence is a plague. My people, my children, in my dream, I saw this boy stood atop my own corpse.

People in the stands: Muttering, "I knew the boy was wicked. Of course, he would do something like that; he is Azrael's son, after all. I knew it; the boy was a freak, led astray by his ambition."

Azazel: This is ridiculous. How do you know it wasn't a bad dream or that this so-called future you're seeing isn't just a possible future? Besides, why am I being punished for events yet to happen? This isn't fair.

Adam: Silence, Azazel's spawn. Since I am so kind, I won't have you face the same fate your father befell. Instead, I'll have you sealed within Custodia Damnationis. That will be your fate.

Adam to guards: Bind the boy.

Azazel's POV

The guards showed up and tied Azazel down, binding him. The Custodia Damnationis was a box with the eyes of a Seraphim, fitting since that was my adoptive mother's angel race. Being sealed inside that box was a fate even worse than eternal damnation. Just like that, all because of a dream, I lost my home, my title,my family, and my respect (not that I had much in the first place). As soon as I was put into that box, all light disappeared. Thousands upon thousands of skeletal hands and figures came into existence, their hands reaching across my back. I soon felt the box fall; where it fell to, I have no idea.

---

The descent was a chaotic whirlwind of shadows and echoes. The sensation of falling through the void was disorienting, and the hands that grasped at me seemed to belong to the very essence of the Custodia Damnationis itself. The infinite emptiness swallowed me whole, leaving behind only a lingering sense of foreboding.

Time lost its meaning in that abyss. It felt like an eternity had passed, and yet, I was acutely aware that it had only just begun. The skeletal figures surrounding me whispered indistinct echoes of sorrow and regret, as if the very essence of the Custodia Damnationis resonated with the weight of condemned souls.

In this desolate realm, I found myself reflecting on the events that led to my confinement. The accusations thrown at me seemed unjust, and the vision Adam claimed to have seen fueled my frustration. How could I be judged for a future not yet written? I pondered the mysteries of destiny, ambition, and the enigmatic pursuit of the infinite.

As I tumbled through the emptiness, I sensed a subtle change in the atmosphere. The skeletal hands that gripped me started to loosen their hold, and a faint glimmer of light pierced through the darkness. It was as if a rift in the void had opened, revealing a path to an unknown destination.

Suddenly, the fall ceased, and I found myself suspended in an ethereal space. The eyes of the Seraphim on the Custodia Damnationis box glowed softly, casting a gentle radiance around me. A mysterious voice resonated in the emptiness, breaking the silence.

"Child of Azrael, your journey through the Custodia Damnationis has just begun. The path before you is uncertain, yet within this confinement lies the potential for redemption. Embrace the challenges that await and seek understanding in the shadows of your own existence."

With those words echoing in the vastness, the glimmer of light intensified, guiding me towards an unknown destiny within the depths of the Custodia Damnationis.

*So how was that ws it good please let me know your thoughts all constructive criticism is welcome.

Author out