chapter 4

As you peered out the window of your large room, you noticed it was quite darker than it was when you first got here. You're not sure how long you've been here so far. But needless to say, you're fairly entertained. The people here are amusing, and maybe you could possibly even strike a deal with a few of them. You grinned at the thought. They had no idea of your true power and who you really were.

You weren't fake, per se. You were being honest with them when you interacted with them, when you acted friendly with them. They seemed to be.... potential friends, you suppose. But you have your own agenda.

You had no idea how powerful Alastor really was. After all, he's only recently reappaeared after seven years of being gone. You've only been here for one of those years, but you know enough from the Vees' insistent shit-talking at Overlord meetings to know at least that.

But you wanted to be more powerful than him. You wanted to manipulate him into giving you ownership over your soul, twist his mind to relinquish his hold on your being and retrieve what is rightfully yours. You wish you could say you regret selling your soul to him to become famous in the first place, but you don't. Even though you died in a really shitty way, you at least can say you had some fun while you were alive.

For the time being, however, you decided to get comfortable. You decided you'd... stay here for a while. You'll check in on the south every now and then, just to make sure nobody is trying to make deals or overrun your turf, but for now, you're going to take a long, hot, comfortable bath.

You sighed as you approached the full-body mirror in the room. You slowly slid off your shoes, then your leg warmers, your tights, you arm warmers, and then...

Just before you were about to strip off your skirt, you got that feeling like you were being watched again. You snapped your head back to peer behind you, but yet again, nobody was there but shadows and that same mysterious fading red glint. It was like someone or something was right there before it hid again.

I'm being paranoid, you thought, trying to reassure yourself. It's just all the anxiety about that Radio Demon and getting my soul back and whatnot. Nobody is here.

Yet, the tension in the room was thick and hot and heavy. You ignored it and proceeded to slide off your skirt, undo your leotard, and remove all of the ribbons from your body until you were completely naked. You turned and ogled your body in the mirror. You were thin and long when you were alive, but here, in the afterlife, not only are you tall and thin, but your also a little curvy too. It's like you had the perfect body. You wondered why that is, why things change so much physically when you go to Hell.

You exhaled and proceeded to the bathroom connected to your room, itching the permanent black choker on your neck thoughtlessly. You ran the bath water and slid in, relishing in the extremely hot water that no Earthling could even stand to be in. To you, however, it felt amazing.

There were tons of bath salts and flowers beside of you. You surveyed your surroundings. High burgundy patterned walls, a golden chandelier with canldes, marble flooring. There were a couple of damages here and there and maybe some dust, but nothing too bad. It wasn't nearly as nice as your estate, however.

You decided to give the bath slats and flowers a try. You unscrewed the first one you found, labelled "Blood Flowers." You inhaled the aroma before throwing the beautiful blood red and large flowers into the hot bath. They smelled fantastic. Then you found some vanilla and pomegrante-scented bath salts, reminding you of your perfume, and threw them in as well.

You sunk into the bath and relaxed. But no matter how hard you tried to keep your mind clear and your body floating and still, you couldn't shake the feeling that you were being watched. Intently.