chapter 33

It was as you were going through the portal that the first memory hit you.

You remember being in the woods, dragging a female director's body through the shrubbery, panting heavily. You had just finished with a grand performance on stage, and discovered that the director had planned to manipulate and use your fame for her own personal gain. Infuriated, you, of course, slaughtered her and brought her here.

Once you found a good spot deep in the woods, you released the body with a grunt, and got to work. You used a long, serrated blade to skillfully remove the skin from the body, after removing the clothes first, and started to chop up its limbs. You scrunched your nose from the smell.

You were tired and weak from your performance, and all you wanted to do was get this sacrifice over with and go to bed.

"Wampus!" you called out into the woods, listening to your own voice echo. "Dinner!"

The shadowy, light pink aura-ed humanoid cat materialized in front of you. It nodded, thanking you for your service, and you stepped back as it tore into its meal.

"I met that Radio Demon, you know," you said, stroking up conversation. You placed your blood-stained hands on your hips, still catching your breath. "I made the deal, just like you asked."

"Perfect," replied the Wampus between chews. It didn't leave much of its meal left, only a few limbs. Huh. You guessed she wasn't very hungry today.

"I won't remember any of this when I die, will I?" you said, a little disappointed.

"No, ageyutsa, you will not," replied the Wampus, licking its lips and licking aside the hardly-eaten corpse. "If you had not already noticed, your memory is already starting to fade. Your time is coming soon."

You sighed, recalling the haziness you felt dragging the boys up into the woods. You could hardly remember why you were doing it, and who you were doing it for. You remember now, of course.

"I wonder what I'll look like in Hell," you said, looking at your nails. They were bloody.

"Something like me, I presume," said the Wampus amusedly. "Your existence is dependent on me here on Earth, after all."

You huffed, hands on your hips. "Well, at least I know I'll be pretty."

The Wampus laughed a distorted laugh, flattered, and then the memory faded into blackness.

And then your ass hit the cold hard ground.

"Fucking hell!" you cursed, hand rubbing your back. You opened your eye, looking over to Alastor. The stench of Hell overwhelmed you, and the feeling of extreme heat enveloped your body.

Alastor looked normal, finally, with his striking red-and-black hair, ebony antlers, gray skin, yellow sharp-toothed smile, dark eyes and fluffy ears. He was wearing his typical red suit and black bow tie, and his radio stick-thingy was by his side. It was the first thing he grabbed as he rose up from the ground.

Now it was back to all-the-time smiling Alastor. You sighed. Now you wouldn't be able to read him as well as before.

You stood up, dusting off your skirt. You felt on your head, smiling as you felt your hair in the shape of cat ears atop your head, grinning as you looked at your stylish outfit, at the enlarged ribbon on your back, your leg and arm warmers, your classic leotard. It was so nice to be back to normal.

"You've got the book?" you asked once you finished checking yourself out. Alastor dusted himself off, clutching the book and the staff in his hand. He nodded, grinning his usual smile. "And the knife? The microphone?"