chapter 23

"Hello, young lady!" exclaimed Alastor, but his voice wasn't as bright and chipper as it was normally. It's like he was straining to be his usual self. His hands were folded behind his back, and he fiddled with the hunting knife in his back pocket. "Such a pleasure to be meeting you, quite a pleasure, indeed!" He stuck out one hand, the more bloody one, for her to shake.

The blonde girl was very pretty, but she must have been incredibly idiotic, for she did not even pay any mind to Alastor's blood-stained white gloves and shook his hand hesitantly.

"Hi?" the girl said.

"Well," Alastor retracted his hand and wiped it on his shirt. He then looked back up at the girl. "Tell me, are you [Y/N] here's ex-boyfriend's little whore? Is he here?" Alastor peeked over the shorter girl's shoulder.

"Excuse me?" she huffed with furrowed blonde brows.

"Gina, who's at the door babe?" you heard a gruff, slurred voice. Your blood ran cold. Caden.

Caden pushed past Gina rather roughly and she went stumbling into the door. When he made eye contact with you, he paused.

"Y-You..." his face completely dropped in shock. "You're... you're dead! It was all over the news years ago! What the actual fu-?!"

"Yes, well, now she is not!" interrupted Alastor. "And we are here to stab the absolute shit out of you, old friend!" Alastor looked at his nails through his gloves. "Ah, yes, because, you see, your kin was quite rude to me over century ago. Mr. Yother, do you recall?" Alastor looked up at him finally. "Oh, silly me, of course you do! You share the same surname!" Alastor grinned sadistically.

"Gina.." Caden said lowly. "Call the police."

That's when Alastor barreled in through the door and tackled Caden, sending them both rolling on the ground. They were a mess of grunts and groans and struggle, Alastor pulling out his knife and trying to stab Caden with it, but Caden, slightly more muscular, holding his own in the fight.

You came in through the door, your mind hazy, and let it swing shut behind you. The girl, Gina, was walking and crying, stumbling over in shaking fear to the landline phone, dialing numbers into it.

You were frozen, just completely unable to process what the fuck was even happening right now... Right, Alastor wanted to kill someone on the way to Massachusetts to get that book from Harvard, and that person just so happened to be the great grandson of a man that had slandered him on life radio over a century ago.

Great. Just fucking great.

"[Y/N]!" Alastor roared, snapping you out of your trance.

Just as Gina held the phone to her ear and it began to ring, you bolted to her and punched her in the throat. She gagged and cried, falling to the floor from the force of the punch. You breathed heavily, straddling her and landing a good two hits in as the small girl flailed around helplessly.

Her hands scrambled around for a blunt force object to use, and her fingers landed on an electronic vacuum machine. Crying out, the blonde grasped the object and knocked it over your head.

"Shit!" you yelled from the pain, the force making you dizzy for a second. Your vision swam, and you fell off of Gina and she got up off the floor, still whining and wailing.

"Caadennnn," she cried.

Now infuriated, you held your head in your hand, feeling a knot growing in your skull, and screamed and ran after her. She tried to fight back, but you managed to get her on the ground again, wrapping your hands around her throat.

You squeezed the sides of her neck where her major arteries lay, aiming to force her to pass out. Her eyes fluttered shut and eventually she went unconscious.

Panting, you got off her and clambered across the living room.

"Alastor!" you called. He was still tussling with Caden, the two beating the absolute living fuck out of each other, and it wasn't evident who was winning. With a growl, Alastor picked up his hunting knife which had, earlier, clattered onto the floor, and forcefully jabbed it into Caden's arm with a yell.

Caden yelled in pain, "Fuck, shit!" He held his arm, loosing mass amounts of blood.

Alastor took this chance to overpower him, a sickening grin on his smile as he stabbed the hunting knife into Caden's throat. You gasped and covered your mouth, tears brimming your eyes as you watched his eyes go blank and lifeless. He choked on his own blood, tears streaming down his face. It was so gruesome, to watch someone you used to love die like that.

Remember how he treated you, [Y/N], that evil little voice in the back of your head said. Remember all the things he said? Whore, bitch, slut, psycho bitch?! Don't forget how he would hit you, punch you, slap you, abuse you, rape you.

You cried, the tears falling down your face. No no no. The first time you're crying in over a year is over your shitty ex-boyfriend? And in front of the fucking Radio Demon too? Fuck, you were embarrassed.

You watched motionlessly as Alastor straddled Caden's lifeless body and stabbed him multiple times in multiple places, not stopping until his body was mutilated and his face was unrecognizable.

"Stop," your voice quivered.

But there was no reasoning with Alastor — he wouldn't stop, no matter how much you begged. Why should you care anyway? He was doing you a favor...

He's doing me a favor, you reassured yourself. You slowly nodded. Remember, [Y/N], the little voice returned. Remember the torture, the rape, the abuse...

What was happening to you?