chapter 35

You woke up warm.

You groaned, burying your face into your pillow, and froze when you felt a pair of arms around you. Your lips gently parted, and your head turned slowly.

Alastor was sleeping soundly, snoring softly, his thin, yet alluring lips parted slightly has his breath fanned against your hair, sending a few small strands floating as he breathed. His dark maroon eyelids were shut, his brows calm and resting upon his face. His hair was messy and tangled, and he wasn't smiling. You had never seen him look so serene in your life.

Remembering the previous night's events, you flushed, deciding to leave him be and curl into a ball embraced by him. You exhaled shakily, eyes wide as you stared at the dark red, patterned wallpaper of your bedroom.

What have I done?

You shouldn't have had sex with him. You should have never allowed yourself to melt into him like you did, give into the passion you felt for him like you permitted yourself to — now you felt like you owed him, now you felt possessive over him, and it scared you.

"Regretting already, little fawn?" Alastor said suddenly from behind you, his voice raspy with sleepiness. You flushed even more.

"I- No," you said softly in response, embarassed. Oh God Oh God Oh God. I have made a terrible, terrible mistake.

"Turn around."

You didn't move, frightened to look him in the eyes and face what you had done, face the fact that you cared about him. You couldn't do it. You couldn't move a muscle.

"Please," he said, just above a whisper.

Reluctantly, you activated your muscles and switches around, facing Alastor. He smiled with no teeth, his red eyes low and heavy. His ears were bent, and his antlers were small.

"This was a mistake," you whispered, raising abruptly to leave the bed. You ran your hands though your hair, panicking. Fuck fuck fuck.

Alastor grabbed your arm, pulling you roughly back down to the bed.

"Lay with me," he urged. And you couldn't help but obey. Hesitantly, you curled back up next to him, awkwardly getting under the blankets and looking up at him with big, regretful eyes. You could hear his every inhale and exhale, and you felt vulnerable completely naked next to him like this.

Your eyes dropped down to his bare chest, then his stomach, then his arms and his mid region, his gray skin all covered with scars, the thin silk blanket barely concealing his manhood. Your breath hitched, forcing your gaze back up to him.

"We shouldn't have, Alastor," you whispered, face only centimeters from him. "We're-"

"Supposed to be enemies?" Alastor finished for you, smile widening. "I don't think that matters anymore."

"You still have my soul."

"Are you still going to help me perform the ritual, my dear?" Alastor countered. You paused, thinking about it.

You shrugged. "I mean, I don't really wanna give you a source of power to tap into, but, fuck," you squeezed your eyes hardly shut, "I dunno..."

"I'll give it back," he said quietly. You raised your bored and opened your eyes in shock.

"What?"

"Your soul. I'll return it to you..."

"Really?" you said brightly, heart fluttering. "Are you fucking with me?"

Alastor shook his head, his hair moving with it, and then looked away, rolling onto his back and staring at the ceiling. He raised a knee, and the blanket fell slightly, revealing more of his manhood. You tore your eyes away, forcing yourself not to ogle him.