1 - NEW BEGINNINGS (1975)

WARREN ROJAS (Drummer, The Six) : I think it was in.. '75? The diamond head in Hawaii.. That changed everything. For me, at least, it did.

LEWIS CAMPBELL (ex-photographer, The Six): Chris agreed to this too? .. That day was the worst.

BILLY DUNNE (Lead singer, The Six): After Daisy sang on our song, it's all anyone wanted to hear. And she was - so, incredibly.. Loquacious.

DAISY JONES (Singer, Daisy Jones & The Six): He said what? Loquacious? What the hell does that even mean?

[It means someone who never stops talking.]

DAISY: Well at least when I talk I make sense.

WARREN: Where to begin, let's see... Well, I was stoned, I think, and we were on the bus on the way to the venue in the rainbow state.

KAREN SIRKO (Keyboardist, The Six): Warren had the flyer and was reading off the set list. At that point we didn't know Daisy was going to be there. Billy wasn't too thrilled when we learned about that.

EDDIE LOVING (Bassist, The Six): We were on in the middle of the day, but hey, at least we were invited. Plus, we got to stick around to see other bands, like the dead, for free. I was very excited, and I think the whole band was. Billy was just the best at hiding it. Had that whole 'lone wolf' thing.

WARREN: I mean, we fucking killed the set. It was a great show, the crowd loved it. I loved it. Everyone loved it. Billy on the other hand, had different feelings on it.

BILLY: I told Daisy when we were going to play the song. She didn't listen. She came in at the wrong song and then she didn't leave. She needed to be the center of attention. I kept trying to get rid of her but she kept insisting on staying. She didn't know any of our songs, so she was sort of just there beside us. Sometimes she sang a bit, I'm assuming she bought the record and listened a few times. It felt like a crazed fan climbed up on stage in flowy clothes and skipped around while we put in all the real work, but somehow she was the crowd favorite.

DAISY: I had loved the album, it was a great record. I mean, my name was on it, it was my voice, of course I loved it. I think I listened to it about 12 times before that show, not counting the times I heard us on the radio.. I even bought their debut album so I would know my shit. I never doubted that they were a talented group. I knew the songs and I knew how to improve on them. Billy would never admit that, though. No one can out-do the great Billy Dunne... so fucking stupid [smiles slightly]

KAREN: People loved Daisy. People loved Billy. He had that rock'n'roll Jagger-type essence. She had the whole Nancy Wilson meets Grace Slick meets Karen Carpenter meets.. Janis Joplin vibe. Psycho-jello, rocker, hippie type shit going on. The two were both huge presences on stage, and together, people were going crazy.

GRAHAM DUNNE (lead guitar, The Six): Billy and Daisy were a force to be reckoned with. And despite having such a small crowd watching us, it really was incredible.

WARREN: Backstage though, is where all the magic happened. Fucking groupies, man. [chuckles]

CHRISSY BERRY (journalist/ex-groupie, The Six): I was not a groupie. Well, at that point I wasn't. Hell at that point I was still going by Christine Wallace. I had just bought Seven, Eight, Nine from a place called Grooves. I became a huge fan. My best friend at the time, Lewis Campbell, had bought us tickets to the Diamond Head festival for my birthday. We flew out, all the way to wherever the fuck we were, Hawaii. To this day, I feel like such an idiot for not noticing it then.