𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲 𝐟𝐢𝐯𝐞 : 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐛𝐫𝐢𝐝𝐠𝐞 𝐨𝐟 𝐝𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐲

Please don't hate me; it'll all be over soon! Just keep your love coming!

✿

Third Person's POV

9 months later

𝑴𝒖𝒎𝒃𝒂𝒊, 𝑰𝒏𝒅𝒊𝒂

The air was thick with the promise of rain as August descended upon the city. Dark clouds loomed overhead, casting shadows over the bustling streets below. The monsoon winds carried with them a sense of anticipation, stirring the leaves of the trees and causing waves to dance along the coastline.

The Stellarsynth Enterprises tower pierced the night sky, its facade ablaze with lights that shimmered like stars against the backdrop of the dark clouds.

In the CEO's office on the top floor of the building, he sat hunched over his desk, bathed in the soft glow of his computer screen. The keys of his sleek, state-of-the-art computer system clicked rhythmically under his fingertips amidst the steady hum of the air conditioning, the occasional sound of pages being turned in files and the scratch of pen against paper.

The shrill ringing of the phone shattered the stillness of the CEO's office. With a sigh, he reached for the receiver, lifting it to his ear. A female voice, tinged with urgency, echoed through the line.

"Where are you?" she demanded, her tone carrying a sense of impatience and concern.

He hesitated, momentarily taken aback by the assertiveness of the voice on the other end of the line. Before he could formulate a response, the voice continued, preempting any attempt at explanation.

"Must be busy working! Is there anything more important than your work?" it chided, the words carrying a hint of reproach.

He opened his mouth to offer an explanation, but once again, he was swiftly interrupted.

"Don't say anything! Just come, I'm waiting for you," the voice commanded, leaving no room for an argument.

He let out a resigned sigh as the call disconnected. With a decisive motion, he switched off his computer screen, putting an abrupt end to his work for the night. Retrieving his blazer and car keys, he swiftly made his way out of the office, the sound of his footsteps echoing in the empty corridors.

Minutes later, he was navigating the bustling streets of Mumbai, the city lights streaking past as he drove past.

He soon reached and parked his car near. Exiting the car, his gaze flickered for a second to the balcony of the building opposite.