@SuVida777

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have with us, Su Vida (SuVida777), a Wattpad Creator and Watty Awards 2022 Shortlister. 

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_) and I have interviewed Su Vida.

Su Vida is an artist, animator, author and a sci-fi nerd from the central hills of Sri Lanka

Su Vida is an artist, animator, author and a sci-fi nerd from the central hills of Sri Lanka. During the pandemic, she pursued her own creative journey and started penning her stories. Her very first novel, Komoreby, was shortlisted for the Watty Awards 2022, and she entered the Wattpad Creator Program that same year.

She loves everything quirky, and her stories are all speculative fiction—sci-fi, fantasy and horror. They come with smart heroines, big worldbuilding, Asian-ness, real science, slowburn romance, eco themes and anime/gaming/fairytale elements. When she's not drawing, animating, volunteering or crafting stories, she can be found geeking out over anime, video games and funky science.

How would you describe yourself as a writer?

>>I'm a YA spec fic author, so my stories are all sci-fi, fantasy and horror (sometimes a fusion of all). I'm a big plotter, and I love creating huge worlds based on extensive research and real science.

What was your reaction or how did you feel when you were first invited to join the Wattpad Creators' Program? Did you ever expect to receive the invitation previously?

>>When the Creator Program was made public in 2022, my novel Komoreby had just over twice the required ER for its genre, so I was wondering if I'd be invited. When I found the invitation in my email, I was absolutely delighted!

Wattpad is a home to millions of users. As a result, it is only natural that every writer on this platform would like to receive reads, votes, comments, etc. and be recognized by Wattpad someday. What would be your advice to those writers?

>>As with everything in life, there is no easy way to get where you want, unless you happen to be very lucky! Most often, it takes time and effort to build your reader base and hone your craft. So it's very important to do what you love and give your stories your unique voice, rather than follow trends, even if that is what might appear to take off on Wattpad.

This is what would give you most fulfillment and help you build a reader base that is genuinely interested in your work. It's definitely an uphill climb, but if one wants to carve out a niche in the huge world of storytelling, this is the way to go.

Can we please have some book recommendations which are not on Wattpad?

>>The Animorphs series by K.A. Applegate! It's an absolutely amazing underrated gem with super cool sci-fi, lots of fun, awesome characters, big world and epic adventure.