@Exequinne

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have with us, Caeran (Exequinne), a Wattpad Creator, Winner in several Ambassador-managed contests (Open Novella Contest 2022 3rd Place, The Ambys 2023 Top Pick, and Aim to Engage 2023 Winner), and a registered Author in the National Book Development Board.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_) and I have interviewed Caeran.

Caeran is an author based in South East Asia. A builder of worlds and a crazy writer at heart, they have titled more series than they could ever write, ending up with a queue to last them until they're seventy. A Wattpad Creator with over 60 stories, a winner in various Ambassador-managed contests (Open Novella Contest 2022 3rd Place, The Ambys 2023 Top Pick, and Aim to Engage 2023 Winner), and a registered Author in the National Book Development Board, find completed and ongoing works on their Wattpad profile, Exequinne.

How would you describe yourself as a writer?

>>Three words: crazy, mad, insane. All mean the same thing, but that's what I am in the writing world. XD

What was your reaction or how did you feel when you were first invited to join the Wattpad Creators' Program? Did you ever expect to receive the invitation previously?

>>I just stared at it for a good while and thought, hey, Wattpad finally noticed me lol. And no, I never expected to receive the invitation because I was still under the impression that there are still tiers that required ER, and I do not have ERs worthy of mentioning elsewhere.

Wattpad is a home to millions of users. As a result, it is only natural that every writer on this platform would like to receive reads, votes, comments, etc. and be recognized by Wattpad someday. What would be your advice to those writers?

>>I am in no position to give advice in this area, since I struggle with the same issue until now. While I don't expect Creators to give me the exposure I crave, I guess the hard way of staying sane while having 1 read on your chapters and them coming from you publishing it is to frame your purpose of writing and telling your stories. Don't do it for the reads. Do it to explore, to speak up, to practice, and to have fun. :)

Can we please have some book recommendations which are not on Wattpad?

>>I haven't touched a trad pubbed book in the longest time, but the ones I loved when I had the time to read was Rick Riordan's books, School for Good and Evil, Miss Peregrine's, Artemis Fowl, The Unwanteds Series, and Bartimaeus Trilogy.