@Wimbug

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have with us, Stefanie Ivashkov (Wimbug), a Wattpad Creator since 2022, Wattpad Star from 2020 to 2022, 2020 Watty Awards Winner, 2021 Fiction Award Winner and 2023 Ambys Winner.

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_) and I have interviewed Stefanie Ivashkov.

Stefanie Ivashkov (Wimbug) is a writer of YA, Action/Adventure, mystery/thriller, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, fantasy and comedic shorts

Stefanie Ivashkov (Wimbug) is a writer of YA, Action/Adventure, mystery/thriller, urban fantasy, paranormal romance, fantasy and comedic shorts. When she's not working to torture her characters and readers as much as possible, she enjoys the quiet life of a lawyer in the wild east of Europe.

Wattpad achievements:

Wattys Award winner 2020 in Mystery/Thriller with TMI

Wattpad Star since 2020 and until 2022

Wattpad Creator since 2022

Fiction Award winner for Best Adventure for Too Young 2021

Ambys Top Pick 2023 for Fantasy for Hearts of Stone

How would you describe yourself as a writer?

>>This is a very hard question. I'm not sure how I would describe any writer. I guess I'm fairly eclectic and I like to try new things. Which is why I've tried my hand at many genres. One thing stays the same, though. I love building my characters and bringing them to life.

So I guess I'm more of a character writer than a plot writer, though I do enjoy my plot. I'm definitely not a setting-as-a-character writer though, and I guess that's okay.

What was your reaction or how did you feel when you were first invited to join the Wattpad Creators' Program? Did you ever expect to receive the invitation previously?

>>I didn't expect an invitation because I was in the first batch of creators, which launched the program so it was hush hush at the time.

I was very surprised and honored to be part of that and the program in its early stages.

Wattpad is a home to millions of users. As a result, it is only natural that every writer on this platform would like to receive reads, votes, comments, etc. and be recognized by Wattpad someday. What would be your advice to those writers?

>>My advice is not to do it for recognition. We all want it, but being consumed by it will hurt our creativity and take all the fun out of writing. We should all just write the best book we have inside us. The book that we feel is the perfect book we would like to read.