@DomiSotto

Hello fellow Wattpadders! Today we have with us, Domi (DomiSotto), a Wattpad Creator, 2020 Watty Awards Winner, 4x Wattys Shortlister (in 2021 and 2022), ONC 2023 Round 2 Ambassador Pick and a writer for Wattpad Originals. 

I am Abhipreeti (_abhipreeti_) and I have interviewed Domi.

Domi is an introvert and a voracious reader, who also loves writing and started posting on Wattpad in 2018

Domi is an introvert and a voracious reader, who also loves writing and started posting on Wattpad in 2018. In 2020, she won a Watty for her book Winners Don't Have Bad Days, and four of her stories short-listed in 2021 and 2022. In 2023, her novella was a Round 2 Ambassador Pick in the ONC. Domi pitched a few stories to Wattpad Originals and one of them, The Stargazer's Alpha, was accepted into the program and started posting as a serial in 2024.

For Domi, writing is a social thing, a way to connect, to be heard and belong. Wattpad is her happy place, because the stories here are really close to what people genuinely feel. She's never alone with her thoughts on Wattpad.

Her fav books are escapist adventures with a hefty dose of romance (or other strong relationship, parent-child or siblings or friendship). It doesn't matter if they happen in real-world or if there is a speculative element. She also loves competition/rivalry elements, strong emotions and satisfying endings (happy or not). Beach Reads, basically. At different times, she enjoyed works by E. Peterson, G.R.R. Martin, J. Abercrombie, J. Evanovich and D. Brown.

She's a cat lover, a working mother of a neuro-diverse teen and a wife, a figure-skating fan and a gardener. She watches Rookie, CSI: Vegas, FBI: International, Young Sheldon, Abbot Elementary and random shows about archaeology, pop-science, food and travel. She plays Assassins' Creed once in a while.

How would you describe yourself as a writer?

>>Twenty years ago or so, I was lucky to go to George Martin's reading at a Con, and he said being a writer is a liar, and the goal of a writer is to tell lies and be fudging entertaining.

I live by that.

What was your reaction or how did you feel when you were first invited to join the Wattpad Creators' Program? Did you ever expect to receive the invitation previously?

>>I was worried I wouldn't be, because my books didn't meet the Engaged Readers' stats after being in Stars (the program that preceded Creators). But, I got the coveted invite and was over the moon about it. Creators Program evolved since then, and I just love its current version. And live in fear they'd kick me out because I still don't meet the ER stats!

Wattpad is a home to millions of users. As a result, it is only natural that every writer on this platform would like to receive reads, votes, comments, etc. and be recognized by Wattpad someday. What would be your advice to those writers?