Finally, the "Girlfriend"

When the class ended, I walked slowly towards the door.
I took a peek, expecting he was no longer there... though I was hoping that he would be.
Yan tayo, Carla e.

Nagalit pa naman ako...
How would I know that he's here pala trying to save my semester?
I took a peek from the corner of my Calculus room, planning how to not be awkward when I say "Carla's sorry"

Eeeh! But he lied kaya.
If he didn't, I wouldn't be mad.
But if he did tell me, yung ganap kanina wouldn't be that sweet.
Ah... bahala na!

I found him standing at that corner where I left him, his back to me, and he was talking to someone.

I stood there, observing him.
He was talking to one of the graduating guys in eng'g.
Almost every girl who passed by stopped and looked at them.
Ang gwapo naman kasi ng boyfriend ko.

Then I saw one lady smiled and said "hi" to them.
She stood beside Billy; hence, I cannot see her face.
I saw when he paused mid-sentence; then, he looked at her with appreciation.
Dukutin ko kaya yung mata nun.

That lady leaned on the other guy, kissed him, and I don't have any problem with that.
I don't see having any problem with her at all, until she leaned to Billy and gave him a kiss on the cheek as well.

They talked like they knew each other before.
Like somehow they were familiar to one another.
I saw when the lady put her hand on his arm.
Then I was there to witness when they laughed, and when the girl lightly hit him on the chest.
I saw when he subtly placed his hand on the small of her back.
Tsk! Ayos din makipaglandian ah.

I watched him watching the girl, smiling, flirting as she was talking about something.
Kuhang kuha naman nya si Loko.
Parang walang ibang nakikita.

I was standing there for all of five minutes, contemplating whether I should go and make my presence known or leave him be.

If I was the old Carla, the best friend who seems to have been forgotten, I probably would just disappear on the background and simply passed by like I was not even there.

But I am the new Carla, the girlfriend... so I'm considering of beelining to him and giving him a piece of what's running inside my head.
Mabigyan lang ng isang sampal itong boyfriend ko para maalala nya na, "hello, may girlfriend ka po"
But then I remember... I might be the girlfriend now, but I'm still the same old Carla who seems to have been forgotten.
Na-promote nga yung title, kinakain pa rin naman ng background.

I looked at him and the two other people with him.
Bagay silang tatlo.
Yung mga tipong University/ College Scholars kahit abot ang gimik sa gabi.
And here I am, I still need my boyfriend to figure out the answer to that bonus question para lang maisalba yung sem ko.
Bakit nga ba kasi ako nag-archi?
Then I suddenly heard his laugh, and I found my eyes looking at the reason I am pursing something I, in my wildest dream, never imagined I could be.

Popoy and Basya lang ang peg.
Yun nga lang, mas mahal ko sya.
And feeling ko... sya yung unang bibitaw.
Or siguro ako... pag nagising na ako sa pagiging delulu ko.

I don't have any class after this.
Uuwi na lang ako... pero paano ako uuwi?
There's only one way out of this building and that is through the stairs, unless I'd think of jumping from this floor to the ground, which at the moment sounds a bit tempting. Second floor lang naman.

When other classes have ended, and people have crowded going down the stairs, I saw when he held that lady's arm and guided her to take a step back, their back now facing the stairs.
Nabubunggo kasi ata si hija nung mga students.
Ang husay talaga nung loko.